Sometimes the Update Driver option and the Hardware manufacturers website may indicate you have the latest driver, when there is a newer version available on the Intel website (check the driver release dates on Intel site).
If this is the case, download the zip file for the driver (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005488.html ) and install the driver manually (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html ) .
If you see “The best driver software for your device is already installed” do the following (you can go to step 7) .
- Download the ZIP version of driver package.
- Extract the zip file somewhere easy to find, e.g your “Desktop”.
- Go to Device Manager, Select “Display Adapters”, Select "Intel® HD Graphics ***** "
- Right click , Select “Properties”,
- Select “Driver” tab
- Select “Update Driver…” button
- Click “Browse my computer for driver software”. Most important ****** DO NOT click “Browse” button
- Instead, click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- Select “Have Disk” button, a window “Install From Disk” opens up.
- Select “Browse…” and navigate to the driver folder from #2 and go to the “Graphics” sub-folder
- Select “Open” Button
- Select “Next”
- The latest driver should now be installed!