How to solve SketchUp Make 2017 Freeze Selecting tool / Slow Select tool INTEL 620 Integrated Graphic

Download the zip from the Intel site for the Intel 620 Integrated Graphic. (It is also valid for another graphic card, in this case it will change the download link).

INTEL 620 LINK :[ Download Intel Drivers and Software]

(Download the last version).

Extract the .zip file downloaded (to an empty folder)

Access the device manager and look for display adapters (double click on it, you should be able to see an Intel® HD Graphics adapter or Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

Right click and select update driver for Intel HD Graphics

Select “Browse my computer for driver software”

Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”

Click on “Have Disk” and find the extracted folder of the driver downloaded

Go to “Graphics” folder within driver folder and select the igdlh64.inf file and hit open then ok

Select Intel HD Graphics XXX under “model” and hit next

and it’s done!

1 Like

Indeed it is working, (Surface Pro 2017 I5 8G) Thank you very much =) I was waiting for a tip for a long time.
Malk

1 Like

Thank you so much, this is ridiculous, downloaded this program on a month old brad new computer and spent at least 3 hours browsing forums and “fixes” with no success, this worked brilliantly!! Can not thank you enough!

1 Like

There have been many threads on the topic of the freezing Select tool related to Intel graphics drivers and the advice is to update the drivers.

1 Like

That new computer could well have sat in a warehouse for a months and only has the drivers that the manufacturer installed which could be even older than that. The first thing to do with any new computer is spend some time making sure it is up to date with all drivers, operating system updates, specific manufacturer updates, bios etc all before even thinking about installing any software.

Just made a SketchUp forum account to say THANK YOU. It worked!! I spent 5 hours today trying to find a way to fix this, which drove me insane considering the big deadline looming on Friday. This saved my sanity!! Again. Thank you.

2 Likes

or the graphics card, at least with desktops.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.