Show us the way you have SketchUp set up on your computer right now

I use a 17 inch laptop, lots of screen so I like everything open and ready to use

1 Like

Hello :smile:
My SketchUp Make on a 17" laptop :

My specific toolbars are for SketchyPhysics, KerkyThea and KeyShot

1 Like

Hello, this is my SU Make workspace, I use it for Architecture. I thought it would be useful to show up how the Model Info Units tab is set, so I keep it opened when did the screenshot.

Hope it help anyway. Thanks.

Marcio

1 Like

hi

2 Likes

Everything off in edge style except edges. I use two screens as it allows me to work on a model at the same time as working with details. I hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,this is my Sketchup! I am an architect and I use sketchup every day for 8-12 hours, on a PC with two 22’’ monitors.

2 Likes

Basic

1 Like

1 Like

After doing the second tutorial :smile:

1 Like

Only been at Sketchup for a few days, so mine is still pretty basic!!

1 Like

Sorry to be so long in responding John. This is a quick and dirty drawing I did to show a customer how i am planning on their lead paint removal. I find dual monitors essential, as well as a 3D mouse, a very simplified template and a limited range of tool icons to insure that my desktop doesn’t become a visual hash.

1 Like

beginner here

1 Like

Since you asked!

I am a new user and have only been using SketchUp since June 1 but this is how its configured so far. I have 3x24" Dell monitors. The main SketchUp work area is on the middle monitor. Tools, extensions, and misc are on the far right monitor. As I add new extensions I expect this space to fill up quickly. On the far left monitor is my second instance of FireFox with this forum, SketchUcation and the Extension Warehouse in tabs. I also have YouTube and Google in tabs for searching and learning about SketchUp or a plugin as I work. I also have NetFlix in a tab for listening to Archer reruns because they don’t need to be “watched”.

What is not seen is that I have a wireless 3DConnexion SpaceMouse which is the coolest toy on my desk! Also I have created a Windows Speech Recognition Macro specifically for use with SketchUp that includes the 50+ most used commands which I continue to enhance and refine. When used together the Speech Macro, SpaceMouse and regular mouse, keyboard usage is dramatically reduced which translates to shorter time to completed drawings.

It’s sill a work in progress and I am have having a great time.

2 Likes

I’m working between 3 or 4 sketchup models at once, with different interfaces & windows shown.

components, materials, layers, entity info and 1 or 2 plugins are always open as my basic set.

2 Likes

Hello. Here is the way my screen is set up. My Tools (components, materials, layers, entity info etc…) are ALWAYS set up this way - I never move them - and they detached from each others).

1 Like

I moved a post to a new topic: Measurement keyboard input not working

Kind of a boring file… Working on a small bar for a client. I need to go through my tool bar again and pare it down. I have keyboard commands for 90% of the commands on the toolbar. My employer thinks I’m some sort of magician when he watches me work and I switch between 5 different tools without clicking the toolbar.

1 Like

I moved 5 posts to a new topic: Extended desktop

I moved a post to a new topic: SketchUp 2016 feature requests

1 Like