Sketchup doesn't work properly

So my Sketchup is completely unusable right now because when I open any year of sketchup I just get this distorted display on my screen, and I can’t click on anything. If I jiggle around the screen size a bit I can get a clear and working screen and can interact with the default human model scale, but I can’t really resize it or anything because the HUD and layouts and everything are invisible, but I can interact with them. Anyone know what’s up?

Looks like a graphic card issue.

Btw, it’s easier to focus on what’s wrong with SketchUp if you don’t include AutoCad (or YouTube) in the screenshot. My first thought was “That’s not SketchUp”.

2 Likes

Try updating your graphics drivers from the manufacturer’s website rather than through Windows.

But it’s more likely that a Windows Update may have overwritten a previously working driver. Are you running Windows 10, or 7? Both have 64bit versions. Please update your profile.

1 Like

Looks as if you’ve got it working again. Glad to see that.

urgh sorry it’s not fixed yet, this was the follow up picture I had for the topic that shows what it looks like sometimes but none of the tools or options show up or anything. I had this sent as soon as my topic was made but I wasn’t allowed to put more than 1 picture in a post, and then for some reason my account was put on hold and I wasn’t able to reply or anything (very user-unfriendly forums system)

But yeah the problem is still there. I tried updating but I didn’t get it to work. If it really does sound/look like a graphics card issue then at least I know it’s a problem with my laptop and not the software so that helps

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.