A rendering I decided not to use for my second entry.
If you’re interested, I wouldn’t mind attempting a render for your model. Just send me the link and I can do a few for you. I’d enjoy it. Let me know. As long as if you win I get the mouse. Haha. I really want it.
Sorry, but I haven’t found the time to flesh out the model, other events in my life have intervened.
Alright
![]()
Wait a minute… What if I don’t have a renderer to use? (Where I’ll have to use SketchUp’s native styles to finish my images?) Is that legal?
This is a rendering challenge… no renderer means you might have to sit this one out!
![]()
I should probably go find a free trial somewhere… Any recommendations??
Twilight Hobby is free and do-able in the short time you have left ![]()
That was easier than I expected, but I’m going to need to put a lot of thought into which trains I want to put in my room. ![]()
I believe Vray offers a 30 day trial as well. If you’re a student, you can even rent it at a discounted rate!
Wow! Nice render! Twilight also has antialiasing render settings to smooth out those shadows. ![]()
Render Preset > Advanced > Alternative_AA> choose any setting with ultra
The standard through ultra refers to the amount of antialiasing.
Try the pre-render checklist to solve the brick problem. Preflight Checklist Before You Render
This is my Official Entry for the #insidewonderland Challenge.
The Slytherin Pad is a replica of the Slytherin Common House in Harry Potter, solely because I am a big fan of the movie series and because the sorting hat in a Harry Potter Website said i belong to the Slytherin House so–
Originally, I was to submit the entire model but I ended up only submitting only the living room because I thought it would be more safe given that the challenge required only ‘a room’, I built the entire model inside an old badminton court, techincally its inside a room. but I will only submit the Living Room ![]()
So- I have the model in SLYTHERIN PAD #insidewonderland | 3D Warehouse at 3dwarehouse but I took off the heavy stuff, cause Its too heavy for upload.
Finally…
Hope you like it, and I Hope I qualify for the challenge ![]()
Awesome train. My dad used to work for Amtrak. Santa Fe before that. I used to LOVE taking the train across country or even up the coast. Especially the dining cars and observation decks.
It isn’t really appropriate to play with others models during a competition.
it’s ok, i actally like it. i actually wanted to render in more sunlight, just had to time to re redo the renders ![]()
Just to be clear.
So if I produced a rendering of your model that looked better, you wouldn’t mind that it influenced the judges and made them think less of your render?
I would actually love it if you did that. Then I would ask you all your secrets that I need to learn. Please do if possible. I definitely will keep in mind what you said though. I guess I wasn’t thinking. I really can’t wait to see your renderings though. Thanks
I’m not entering the competition, or rendering any other models.
I just wanted to point out why in a competition situation it is inappropriate as it can affect the outcome of the competition.
Under normal circumstances if someone posts a model then there is no reason not to display your version.
But not as part of any situation where a prize is up for grabs.
thanks again




