3D Design Challenge: #bestbusever!

We are back at it with another SketchUp 3D Design Challenge!

This time we’re asking you to make our model even better. Download the school bus we created during our live modeling session, and turn it into the vehicle of your dreams! How should you modify it? That’s up to you! Paint it, mod it, make it fly! We want to see what you would do to make this the best school bus that ever existed!

Simply download the model from 3D Warehouse and use SketchUp to customize. Show us your imagination and your modeling chops all at once!

07%20PM

What’s in it for you?

The winning model will be posted on SketchUp’s social channels and the winning modeler will receive: SketchUp swag, your model printed and hung as art in the SketchUp office, and of course, bragging rights!

Details and Rules:

• Model(s) must be created from this existing model
  • Adding environments/backgrounds is not required but strongly encouraged
  • You must add your model(s) to 3D Warehouse and tag it with the hashtag #bestbusever to be considered
  • Up to three entries per modeler
  • The model(s) must be completed and uploaded to 3D Warehouse by May 27th, 2019, 11:59 PM MST.
  • Winner will be contacted at the email address listed on your 3D Warehouse account

Terms and Conditions

• No purchase necessary
  • SketchUp 3D Modeling Challenge starts on April 12th, 2019 and runs through May 27th, 2019
  • No more than three entries per individual
  • By entering this competition, participants have accepted and agreed to the conditions
  • Prizes include SketchUp swag, winning model printed and hung as art. No alternative prizes available
  • Models must be uploaded to 3D Warehouse and tagged #bestbusever to be considered
  • The winner will be contacted via email by June 3rd, 2019
  • Sponsor: Trimble, Inc. 935 Stewart Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
9 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: Downloading from 3Dwarehouse (SU2016)

Hello,
I think the hashtag “bestbusever” does not work.

Try it without the #

3 Likes

That work!
Thanks

hello, great challenge, but have a question, we have to model all the pieces we gonna use on our bus right? but in the background we can use objects of the warehouse.?
thanks #bestbusever

You can use anything you like! Just so long as you model it in SketchUp!

Just a reminder… this is a great opportunity to earn some great SketchUp gear! Get your models uploaded today!

2 Likes

It looks like I got into this challenge a bit late… While I’m not submitting this as an entry, the images below are my opinion on buses in general. :smile:

1 Like

even if you are a little late, you have 16 days left before the end of the challenge :smile:

One more question. Is the bus allowed to “infringe” on copyrights (like if I wanted to put a logo or album cover on it)?

Unknown

(For instance, this could be the theme of one of my buses)

Well I dont think there are any copyright on 3dW
or rather I hope not :sweat_smile:

1 Like

off road bus!

4 Likes

Hi, very beautiful model, what is your rendering software?

Thanks! It’s Lumion 9.3.1, then edited in Photoshop

1 Like

thanks for the information, unfortunately I dont have mail adresse with .edu
but I still check it on the internet :slight_smile:

1 Like

:open_mouth::scream:

I wish I had time to learn how to render… :frowning_face:

youtube! Lumion is super easy and very very compatible with SketchUp!!