Now that the madness of 3D Basecamp is over, let’s get back to modeling.
This challenge is going to be a fun one. In a nutshell, we’re asking you to bring out your inner kid and design your own one-room wonderland. Remember the hours spent dreaming about your dream world? What did it look like? Now’s your chance to show it.
Keep in mind that “one room” is open to interpretation That one room could be a closet, a garage, or a warehouse. So long as the room is closed, it counts. No size restrictions, no limits to your creativity; just keep us inside.
Here’s the catch: we also want to see your rendering skills. Use any renderer you want, but we’re judging this based on your modeling abilities and rendering skills. We won’t be judging these on hyper-realism, but instead, your ability to paint a picture of your dream scene.
Feel free to get as creative as you want. We’re judging this based on both your solid modeling skills and your imagination.
What’s in it for you?
Winning model: 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse, SketchUp swag, bragging rights, and your model printed and hung as art in the SketchUp office!
How to enter:
- Upload your pre-rendered SketchUp model to 3D Warehouse and tag it with the hashtag #insidewonderland
- Submit the 3D Warehouse model link and rendered image(s) to the submissions forum thread. No more than 3 rendered images per model.
- Voting will take place after December 10, 2018
Details and Rules:
- Model(s) must be created from scratch in SketchUp only
- Adding environments / backgrounds is not required but strongly encouraged
- You must add your model(s) to 3D Warehouse and tag it with the hashtag “#insidewonderland” to be considered
- Up to three entries per modeler
- The model(s) must be completed, uploaded to 3D Warehouse, and submitted to the forum by December 7, 2018
- Winner will be contacted at the email address listed on your 3D Warehouse or forum account
- Judging is based on both solid modeling and creativity. The judging will be done by the SketchUp team.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary
- SketchUp 3D Modeling Challenge starts on November 2, 2018 and runs through December 7, 2018
- No more than three entries per individual
- Prizes include 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse, SketchUp swag, winning model printed and hung as art. No alternative prizes available
- Models must be uploaded to 3D Warehouse and tagged #insidewonderland to be considered
- The winner will be contacted via email by December 21, 2018
- By entering this competition, participants have accepted and agreed to these conditions
- Sponsor: Trimble, Inc. 935 Stewart Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Questions? Ask them here.