We were so impressed with the last challenge results, we just couldn’t wait to do another. So instead of putting it off any longer, let’s get the ball rolling! This next challenge is a little different than the last (and the winner gets a free ticket to 3D Basecamp!) so read on for more details
This year’s 3D Basecamp is right around the corner and you could say that our planning is in full swing (pun intended). For this challenge, we’re asking you to model a fully constructible mini golf hole that stays in theme with this year’s 3D Basecamp in Palm Springs. Think flamingos, golf carts, palm trees, and all things retro. This challenge is sponsored by ShopBot and they’ll be using their CNC machines to cut and construct the winning models, so make sure your model is something that can actually be built and played on. Also, feel free to get creative! CNCs do some incredible things
- Final designs must fit in a 5’ x 10’ footprint
- Designs must be cut from no more than two sheets of ½ inch 4’ x 8’ plywood and four 8’ 2x4s
- The design must include a 4” hole
- Templates and examples can be found on 3D Warehouse
- Feel free to spruce up your model with fun elements (trees, etc.) to give us a look into what the final design would be (we can add those after it’s constructed)
- As an FYI, we won’t be using standard golf balls for this course (too many concerns about golf balls flying through the halls). We’ll be using ~3" foam stress balls. Please make sure the design takes this into account.
Details and prizes:
- The model(s) must be completed and uploaded to 3D Warehouse by May 18, 2018
- Winner will be contacted at the email address listed on your 3D Warehouse account
- Judging is based on constructibility AND creativity. The first round of judging will be done by the SketchUp Knowledge team, and the final round will be done by YOU! Stay tuned for the online poll after May 21, 2018.
- Grand prize includes one free registration to 3D Basecamp 2018 in Palm Springs, California (flight and accommodations not included) and your winning model used in the 3D Basecamp putt putt course. No alternate prizes available.
- The five runners-up will have their models built for the 3D Basecamp 2018 putt putt course. Creators will be given full credit for their designs!
- You must add your model(s) to 3D Warehouse and tag it with the hashtag #CNCGolf to be considered
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary
- SketchUp 3D Modeling Challenge starts on April 18, 2018 and runs through May 18, 2018
- Unlimited entries per modeler, but only one model can make it into the finals
- By entering this competition, participants have accepted and agreed to the conditions
- Prizes include one free registration to 3D Basecamp in Palm Springs, California (flight and accomodations not included) SketchUp swag, winning model used in the 3D Basecamp putt putt course. No alternative prizes available.
- Models must be uploaded to 3D Warehouse and tagged #CNCGolf to be considered
- Models can be used in SketchUp marketing materials and at 2018 3D Basecamp
- The winner will be contacted via email by June 1, 2018
- Sponsor: Trimble, Inc. 935 Stewart Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94085