I’m excited to announce that we’re bringing 3D modeling challenges to our community. There’s nothing we love more than seeing the amazing models you create, and what better way to see what you can do than to add a little competition to the mix?
For this first challenge, we’re asking you to think warm, beachy thoughts. We’re in the midst of winter here in Colorado and we could use a little heat! Use this model as inspiration or as the setting to build your dream beach house, treehouse, or even tiki hut. Bonus points if there’s an extra hammock for us.
Feel free to get as creative as you want. We’re judging this based on both your solid modeling skills and your imagination, but we’re purposely leaving it open-ended so we can see what you come up with
What’s in it for you?
Winning modeler receives: 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse, SketchUp swag, model printed and hung as art in the SketchUp office and featured in our 3D Basecamp gallery in Palm Springs!
Details and Rules:
- Model(s) must be created from scratch in SketchUp only; no downloading from 3D warehouse or other 3D modeling libraries
- Adding environments / backgrounds is not required but strongly encouraged
- You must add your model(s) to 3D Warehouse and tag it with the hashtag “#winterblues” to be considered
- Up to three entries per modeler
- The model(s) must be completed and uploaded to 3D Warehouse by March 30, 2018
- Winner will be contacted at the email address listed on your 3D Warehouse account
- Judging is based on both solid modeling and creativity. The first round of judging will be done by the SketchUp team, and the final round will be done by YOU! Stay tuned for the online poll after March 30, 2018
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary
- SketchUp 3D Modeling Challenge starts on February 15, 2018 and runs through March 30, 2018
- No more than three entries per individual
- By entering this competition, participants have accepted and agreed to the conditions
- Prizes include 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse, SketchUp swag, winning model printed and hung as art. No alternative prizes available
- Models must be uploaded to 3D Warehouse and tagged #winterblues to be considered
- The winner will be contacted via email by April 13, 2018
- Sponsor: Trimble, Inc. 935 Stewart Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94085