Layout 2021 - Viewport Issue

Thank you @colin

Just to also clarify that it didn’t display the Viewport correctly in Layout sometimes. Changing from Hybrid to Raster would seem to fix it but sometimes would reveal the issue, and display the broken Viewport.

2020 it is then. A brief and fleeting relationship with 2021. At least I didn’t have to buy her an Anniversary Gift :slight_smile:

Mike

Hi all, this looks to be the issue that Colin had mentioned regarding the Skalp plugin and interfacing with LayOut. This issue is that Skalp has had their own way of doing Tag Folders and it looks like this can cause issues when going into LayOut. So the SU file contains some Skalp Tags that may be corrupt so indexing these tags when sent to LO can get off. When LO reads the file it is displaying a Tag when it shouldn’t. I have purged the SU file and it removed the Tags that were not being used, but I am still seeing the issue going back to LO.

I will continue to see if I can come up with a solution.

Trent

4 Likes

Thank you @trent

Fingers crossed.

Mike

I hope you are getting work done in 2020, but when you have both time and curiosity, how does the export look if you select the left side model on page 1, and Arrange, Send to Back, then export PDF?

Hi @colin

Unfortunately, I saved the file as 2020 Version, to complete the work, so do not have the 2021 version anymore.

Mike

Hi

Just to clarify, it’s not only the Export problem, but also Layout not displaying the Viewport correctly.

Mike

Trent had noticed that too. There was an update to Skalp yesterday that seems to fix most things, but there are still a couple of bits left over to deal with in Layout.

I think that I have same issue.
LayOut 21.0.392 MacOS Model Camera Settings doesn’t work
Now I try to find where to get previous version of SU 2021, as all my models are already V2021.

SketchUp Pro 2021.0.1 LAYOUT is driving me crazy – VIEWPORT constantly shows a <!> triangle and just does not work. Running M1 Mac. This was not the case on the prior SketchUp Pro 2021.0.0.

Do you have Auto turned off?

2021.0 Mac disk image is here:

http://bit.ly/sumac21_0_0

Hi all I wanted to give an update on this issue. We have determined that this issue does not have anything to do with the Skalp plugin. This issue is caused by a related issue where unselected scene settings are not being passed to LO correctly.

Mike, your file contains two scenes that have the “Active Section Planes” unchecked.
I know you have gone back to 2020 but the work-a-round for this issue is as follows:

1. Open the LayOut file
  2. Select the SketchUp file in the bottom lt corner.
  3. Rt. click and select “Open with SketchUp”
  4. In SketchUp go to the Scenes dialog
  5. Under “Properties to Save” check on the “Active Section Planes” on the two scenes that have it unchecked.
  6. Save and close the SketchUp file
  7. Going back to LayOut all should be good.

Trent