Hobby mihai.s

I noticed you were able to erase a lot of lines after you softened, smoothed and turned shadows off. The faces remained, but the extra geometry was gone.

Hi Royce! At what minute?

Shadows are always turned off in modeling.

The video is edited just to quickly present what I wrote in today’s Live chat.

From 1:27 to 1:30 I think. You softened, smoothed and turned shadows off before that.

Components on a curved surface

2 Likes

Starting from this post: Hobby mihai.s - #64 by mihai.s

Thanks, Jonathan K!

3D model

2 Likes

Starting from this post about SketchUp Diffusion extension. Efcharistó, @Aristodimos!

and testing with my greek Windmill Villa model :greece:

:slightly_smiling_face: interesting first renders…

9 Likes

Absolutely love these @mihai.s !
Bonus points for sharing the screenshot that includes your prompts :slight_smile:
This will be very helpful for other users who are just starting with Generative AI.

Can’t wait to see what else you and the rest of the community will create, and how this can help in your day-to-day work.

Best,
Aris

1 Like

Starting from this post about SketchUp Diffusion extension

my model of a traditional Romanian house :romania:

3D model

6 Likes

Starting from this post about sloped terrain

Terraced terrain to sloped terrain

2 Likes

Starting from this drawing wires using native tools in SketchUp for Web, Go, iPad, Pro

2 Likes

This is a great way to do it.

It might not be so easy to make the full example I gave because of all the awkward angles. But still, it’s very helpful.

| mihai.s SketchUp Sage
December 12 |

• | - |

Starting from this drawing wires using native tools in SketchUp for Web, Go, iPad, Pro

Thanks!

3 Likes

I never realized how useful the flip tool could be in making tangent curves. this is very helpful.

In fact, it’s a combination of factors: using the origin point and axes, then selecting the perpendicular edge and drawing the tangent arc from it (cyan inference), and then using the Flip tool.

Starting from this post about Space-Align

using Curic Space and Curic Align to equally space the distance in between objects

#shorts

I’ve now experimented with your method and understand it. It’s much better than my method. Thanks again.

1 Like

Starting form this post about wave railings

using extensions:

2 Likes

Starting from this post about inflatable dome tent

Modeling an inflatable dome tent in SketchUp and UV unwrapping & Texture Painting in Blender
Extensions:

Making ‘‘walls’’ and ‘‘floors’’ from faces

4 Likes

Starting from tis post about curtain wall, but for more complex patterns, using Latticeizer plugin

Animation

6 Likes