My Architectural Drawings, Renderings and Animations

Hello Forum,

Originally I only wanted to model a small house to test out 3d-modeled roof tiles instead of using roof tile textures. I found some tiles in the warehouse and build a little Roof. But to test out the performance with a lot of tiles, I made the whole thing bigger and bigger. Then I decided to design and model the whole house, add furniture and the landscape around it. Because of using the roof-tiles I designed a traditional looking building with a saddle roof. Then I exported it to Lumion and made some Renderings and an Animation. I also patched together some SketchUp-Scences with Photoshop.
It was a lot of work, but I also had a lot of fun.

Link to the Animation on my YT-Channel, including Draftings, Exterior and Interior Animations made with Lumion:

I uploaded the model to the warehouse. Unfortunately without furniture, because of the file size limit. Here is the link to the warehouse:

Some furniture I modeled by myself (kitchen, dining tables and chairs), but most furniture is from the SketchUp-warehouse and Lumion.

The Tiles are from the warehouse. The Tiles for the verge and the roof ridge are completed by me.

Btw, the performance with the Tiles is ok (with a color-set-style), even with my macbook I7-2,9Ghz connected to two 4k-monitors.

Some Renders with SketchUp and Lumion:

29 Likes

Wow bet all that detail put a load on your computer but the roof looks great! IThe angled furnished sections look really good. Nice work.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Rightangler.
Yes, the project file is 200 MB. But now I removed the furniture and uploaded it to the 3d-warehouse:

4 Likes

Hello Forum,
I don´t want to open a new Topic for every project I´m working on. So I renamed this Topic.

Here is a project I´m working on right now just for practice.
This is a building containing 6 apartments + 1 penthouse. At my daily job I do all the draftings for building permission and construction. (With a CAD called Allplan in 2D/3D)
With SketchUp and Lumion I am practicing to illustrate Renderings for commercial marketing. Here are some images. Still working on this.
Most Furniture is from the warehouse. Kitchen by me. Rendered in Lumion 8.5.
Groundplan was brought in by dxf.

SketchUp Image.jpg
1_1 - Foto
1_7 - Foto
1_3 - Foto
1_8 - Foto

8 Likes

Flashback - in spring last year the SketchUp-team started the winterblues-beachhouse-contest. The Team voted my Design into the Top5, which I appreciated very much.

Later i made an Animation with Sketchup:

and with Lumion:

2 Likes

2%201080

6 Likes

Great talent! Great renders.

2 Likes

Hello Forum!
First Image shows a section cut, drafted in 2d with Allplan. For fun I drafted this in 3d with SketchUp and Layout.

11 Likes

Ausgezeichnet

I like the blue arrows for ventilation.

1 Like

Well done! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks Guys!

I have one problem with Layout: It is possible, to do dimensioning in isometric view, but not in 2 point perspective. Hope this feature will come soon.

1 Like

Hi Peter,

Very nice job. I working on building a custom home in Utah. Can I hire you?

1 Like

I want to share this with you:
Recently I replaced my Ipad with a Surface Go. On iOS you can only install stuff from the appstore, but the surface is running Windows 10, so you can install just everything. Of course I had to try out SketchUp 2019 Pro. And it runs :grinning:
I opened my “little vacation house”, size 86 MB, and without shadows turned on, the performance is ok. Of course I don´t want to work all day long on this small device (screensize: 10"), but browsing the 3d warehouse or doing little things on the go is fun. And, SketchUp is running better on the Surface Go than the SketchUp-Viewer on iOS on my Ipad Pro.

Surface Go Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4415Y@1,6 Ghz.
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 615
Ram: 8 GB

Link to my “little vacation house”, 3d warehouse:

And some time ago I did a full Animation with Lumion:
(of course, I didn´t render the Animation on the Surface go :sweat_smile:. It was rendered with a GTX1080 on a Desktop PC)

1 Like

Threw that little vacation house into Enscape, really like how this turned out.

7 Likes

Awesome! :+1::grinning:

I built this little scene and this is my first attempt with Vray for Sketchup (using the demo). I like this tool.

!

4 Likes

These are fantastic. Just one question - where did you get the plants from? I struggle to find plants that render well??

Thanks a lot Grey!
Except the Renderings in the last Post, all Renderings are made in Lumion Pro 8.5. In this program you can find a huge library of plants, trees etc.

Thanks Peter,

I have been using Twinmotion recently which is ok but lacks a little realism. I can import plants from sketchup but I am struggling to find decent 3D plants that will render in video.