What’s New in SketchUp Diffusion 1.0.0:
SketchUp Diffusion is a Generative AI (Artificial Intelligence) capability that is available in SketchUp for Desktop (via an RBZ extension), SketchUp for iPad (version 6.4.0 and later), and SketchUp for Web.
- To launch Diffusion:
- On Desktop:
- Launch SketchUp Pro
- Open Extension Warehouse by clicking on the
- Search for “SketchUp Diffusion"
- Click on the “Install” button
- On iPad and Web: You can access Diffusion from the overflow tool palette (top row).
- On Desktop:
- Once the Diffusion panel is open, you’ll see a snapshot of your SketchUp model viewport and can add a prompt that describes the image you’d like to generate.
- Style presets offer shortcuts to generate images with a specific aesthetic. The Presets include: Exterior Photorealistic, Interior Photorealistic, Aerial Masterplan, Pencil Sketch, Watercolor, Illustration, Clay Model, and Physical Model.
- There are two sliders available under Settings: Respect Model Geometry and Prompt Influence.
- Respect Model Geometry specifies how much the edges of the original geometry are respected.
- Prompt Influence gives you control over the strength that the text prompt you give has over the original SketchUp model.
- Clicking the Generate button, will return three variations that you can click to preview.
- Add Scene lets you save a selected image as an overlay in your SketchUp viewport.
- In SketchUp for iPad and SketchUp for Web the image is overlaying as a watermark on top of a newly created Scene that preserves the camera angle of the original input.
- In SketchUp for Desktop the image is overlaid as a Match Photo scene that preserves the camera angle of the original input. Note that “Parallel Projection”, and “Two-Point Perspective” camera modes are not currently supported for the Desktop Add Scene feature.
- You also have the option to share/save a selected image.
- You can use the Refresh button located in the top right corner of the Preview image, to update the input for Diffusion with a fresh snapshot of the SketchUp viewport.
- Learn More will take you to the Help Center.
- Feedback will take you to the main SketchUp Diffusion section here in the SketchUp Forums.
- On iPad, closing and reopening the diffusion panel in the same model session retains your results. On Desktop and Web, closing the Diffusion panel will be reset.
- The Diffusion panel is reset, each time you close and open a new model, or after you quit and relaunch SketchUp.
Find out more in the Diffusion Help Center articles.