This Forum category is dedicated to SketchUp Diffusion, a feature that allows you to combine an image of your active SketchUp viewport with a text prompt to create a new, AI-generated image. This space will host guidelines, community feedback, feature requests, and more around this new SketchUp capability
What is SketchUp Diffusion?
Diffusion offers a number of options that allow you to define the visual style of the rendered image and control the extent to which either the snapshot of your SketchUp model and/or the text-based prompt, influence the output. Once an image is generated, you can choose to overlay the image atop your SketchUp model and save it as a scene that you can refer back to later, or you have the option to save/download the rendered image.
- SketchUp Diffusion is available across all SketchUp clients:
- SketchUp Pro for Windows and Mac, version 2021 or later (via an extension)
- SketchUp for iPad, version 6.4 or later
- SketchUp for Web
- Diffusion requires an active SketchUp Go, Pro, or Studio subscription.
- Diffusion requires an active internet connection.
- Launch SketchUp Pro
- Open Extension Warehouse by clicking on the button or go to Extensions > Extension Warehouse
- Search for “SketchUp Diffusion"
- Click on the “Install” button
- After the extension is installed you will find it by clicking the Diffusion button on the toolbar that will appear, or go to Extensions > Diffusion
- SketchUp Diffusion comes preinstalled with iPad version 6.4.0 and later. Make sure you are on the latest version of SketchUp for iPad by updating the app via the Apple App Store.
- To access Diffusion, tap the overflow button (located at the bottom of the left-side toolbar) and then tap Diffusion
- SketchUp Diffusion is included in the latest version of SketchUp for Web.
- To access Diffusion, click the overflow button (located at the bottom of the left-side toolbar) and then click Diffusion