Components don't appear in "Component Option" Window

Hi All,

After i created a component in sketch up 2015 it doesn’t appear in the “Component Option” Window. It always says: "no component selected, select one or two components to view their option.

No matter what i do, i can select the component but it won’t appear in the window. I don’t have this problem in the “Component Attribute” Window. There i can select the Component and it will show up.

I hope somebody came across this issue before and can help me out.

Cheers,

Simon

It needs to be a Dynamic Component, and have dynamic attributes that the user can change.

I’ve been getting similar errors. The Component Options dialog does not update when I select a DC.

It’s not consistent and i am not sure how to reproduce the problem.

Try to select a DC with the Ruby Console open. Here’s what I get:

Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method `deleted?' for #<Sketchup::Model:0x00000006d6e240>>
c:/users/jim/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcclass_overlays.rbs:200:in `block in pull_attribute_tree'
c:/users/jim/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcclass_overlays.rbs:200:in `delete_if'
c:/users/jim/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcclass_overlays.rbs:200:in `pull_attribute_tree'
c:/users/jim/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcclass_v1.rbs:216:in `block in show_dialog'
SketchUp:1:in `call'

What DC version is installed on what version of SketchUp ?

I have DC version 1.3.2 running on SketchUp Pro 2015 x64 M1.

Weirdly, the EW has DC version 1.3.1 for download ?

@DanRathbun,

I am using the most recent version of SU Pro Windows x64. I have version 1.3.2 of DC’s after installing the version from the EW. So the EW page needs to be updated to show version 1.3.2

[quote=“jim_foltz”]

Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method 'deleted?' for #<Sketchup::Model:0x00000006d6e240>>
"c:/users/jim/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2015/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcclass_overlays.rbs":200:in `block in pull_attribute_tree'
```[/quote]
Someone assumed **```Sketchup::Model```** is a subclass of **```Sketchup::Entity```**, and inherited a "**```deleted?```**" method.
The code needs to use the "**```valid?```**" method, with a **```not```** modifier.