Cannot receive License Number

This is my first purchase of Pro 2020. I received the receipt, and a link to activate the account. When I go to the link and try to use it, I get an Error message (error exchanging token). I have not been able to contact Trimble because I still don’t have a license number to send them a communication.

Did you buy a Subscription license or Classic?

The way I understand it, it’s a yearly subscription.

OK. With the Subscription license there is no “license number”, key or serial number. You sign in to SketchUp using the same e-mail address and password that you used when you purchased the license.

Before you try logging into SketchUp, make sure it is installed correctly. That means finding the downloaded installer file, right clicking on it, and choosing Run as administrator. If you didn’t install it that way, you should, now, and repair the installation.

Then when you open SketchUp you should get prompted to enter your license info. Make sure you are on the Subscription page and enter your e-mail address and password.

Thanks DaveR I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

By downloaded installer file you mean on my computer?

Yes. The installer file you downloaded from the SketchUp site. If you can’t find it, download it again from Download All | SketchUp

Can you read through this, and see if it applies to you? Short version is that if you get that error it means you’re trying to activated an already activated account.

If your email address includes the word frontier in it, I see that you have a Pro subscription that has not been assigned to you yet. Sign into this page:

https://ecom-prd.trimblepaas.com/ecom/portal#/subscription

choose Members, then in the SketchUp Pro panel look for the list of members. I think that it’s empty at the moment, and if you click the +Assign button and add yourself, you then will be able to sign in inside of SketchUp, and your subscription will work.

I do know of a current issue that might still affect you, so please let us know if you got further after assigning the subscription to yourself.

Thank you. You had it right. My Name and email was only under Pro2020 free. All I had to do was move it to Pro.
Thanks again.

1 Like