5D+ Library - Manage SketchUp assets

Ah - got it. The thumbnail is a bit smaller in the list view. I was clicking on the name… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Auto-Update seems to have worked. :slight_smile:

Some Feedback:

What’s confusing is that the Active-Model only shows the top-level components. So in my case that where 24 components instead of 633 components because I had grouped the components in chunks in the model. I feel the Extension should show the same components that the native component window shows.

Naming in list-view isn’t automatically A-Z. You can change this in the filter, but why?

Love, that you can rename the components right from the extensions. Double-Click to rename would be awesome but right-click->rename ist fine, too.

1 Like

This is explained here, at 3:20.

It doesn’t display only components in “top-level” group. It displays only components and groups in the “current active-level”.

I made it as one of the advantages of the extension when compare with native component trays, because it helps user boost the display speed (specially with a complex model). It may reduce lagging and help user imagine their nested groups like an outliner.

I have made a quick check and saw nothing’s wrong. Let me check deeper.

This is getting better and better!

1 Like

I’m working on editing material, with ability to co-op with a palette color from an online source right in SketchUp without switching between windows.

1 Like

Do you - like - still get any archictural work down with all this crazy development? :star_struck:

1 Like

I have my staffs do stuff for me. I just check the final works. (I’m a boss in my office). :rofl:

2 Likes

Gotcha. Similar here but just a small stuff and I like designing myself too much to give up on it.

1 Like

Any possibility for HSL alternative on the color wheel?

You should still get a clone though, I’m pilling up issues and requests on the 5D+ Plus front… :smiley:

2 Likes

There you are

Sure! The list will be handled :laughing:

1 Like

Unbelievable!

1 Like

Improving the UI and compare with the native edit material tray in min size of both.
Adding some functions that native tray does not support, such as:

• Image size
  • Image file size
  • Ability to edit/copy/paste HEX string
  • Rotate image directly while editing without open image from an external editor
  • Paint material with options: on top-level or on deepest-level of nested group/comp, on face directly without open any groups/comps.
  • Create new material without clone material ID from current selected material (SketchUp does), because it can cause some bugs.

1 Like

Hi @Cyentruk → could you add one quick fix for the extension. I am renaming a whole bunch of components, because I can now see them a lot better in your extension then before and the naming is not constent. :slight_smile: If I sort the names A-Z, use “Rename” to rename a component and hit Enter it reorders the list to the whatever order (by ID?) it is defaulted to. That makes order A-Z unusable. I kinda think A-Z should be default, btw. but that’s just me… :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s now ready and available to auto update and install. :smiley:

1 Like

I really have to try this. Does your eyedropper work the same as Sketchup? Does it pick the color from other materials but also the screen color? Because Sketchup has the two functions.

Works like a charme! I’m in love with this plugin. Getting all Monkish about cleaning up some of my master-files before exporting them into neat little folders.

Some notes (I’m on the train right now, so I have some time to test this baby!!):

• Love the “dig in function” in the current file view. Double click into a component and only see the components that are used in that layer. Confused me at first but now that I understood it it’s awesome
  • File-Names in Listview are still cut off
  • Rename: Doesn’t react to Enter, you need to click outside to rename
  • Rename: If I chose to rename a component in the Element-Information-Panel (the native one) it doesn’t get updated in your extension. Which leads me to:
  • No easy way to Refresh if you make changes to names outside the plugin. You can only refresh incl. updating all thumbnails. That can take time if you have 600+ components in a file.

One more bug (?) - maybe only on Mac? The plugin has problems making the active window the active model. Haven’t found a way around this except to restart. This affects two parts of the plugin. 1) The section “active” Model as well as into which model the plugin wants to place a component that you select.

Hi!
Is anybody running 5D+ on a Mac?

I’ve been trying out 5D+ and looking forward to dive into it, but the following basic features are not working at all and are crashing my Sketchup, which I’m running on a MacBook Pro with M2 Chip.

1. Auto Measure
  2. 5D Plus Custom Bounds

Appreciate any input on this.
Thanks,

1 Like

This isn’t the best place for that. Post it here instead:

2 Likes