5D+ Library - Manage SketchUp assets

Download here: 5D+ SketchUp (lemonsqueezy.com)

6 Likes

I have uploaded a tutorial video.

1 Like

Dude - your videos have improved by like a 1000% since you added that voice thingy!!!

This ALMOST looks like my dream come true. It has nearly all functions that I was searching for in a component browser except one that might be implementable. We have our component collection in theme-skp files - so not a folder with 100 components but a file with a 100 components. Why? because these components share certain subcomponents and saving them “one by one” would destroy that structure.

My proposed solution would be to not only to be able to “heart” a skp file but also to be able to “add skp to library”. It would then be scanned to find all components inside of it.

(If this is to complex, I will likely use this component manger anyway, and we would redo our structure, as this is just too good to pass on)

2 Likes

Ah - and yes - I would be happy to help testing.

1 Like

Hi, this function is in the roadmap and it will be added to the extension in the final publish release.

If you are using 5D+ Plus, you can use this funtion from the context menu or from the “Save objects” button in Other tools. This 'll help you to save multiple objects (groups or components) into a folder.

Additionally, if your components are DCs, the “Relace & Match” function will work perfectly, because it can automatically redraw the DC after scaling, follow by the size of replaced object.

1 Like

Hello valued testers of 5D+ Library, here is new version 0.2.0

What’s new?

1. From now on, you won’t lose your settings after install a new version.

2. Open the file within SketchUp from Library

3. Now you can add selected objects directly into current folder or create a sub folder. @napperkt

4. “Find in model” will highlight and zoom to the selected item in SketchUp view port. Otherwise, objects are selected in SketchUp viewport also highlighted if you are browsing in “Active models” of the library.

Please download the latest version in the link that I send you.

Happy browsing!

2 Likes

@Cyentruk I would like to be part of the testing if you would. These “in sketchup” workflow concepts are awesome…

Wyatt

1 Like

https://3dsupro.com (an online high-quality-models library for SketchUp from D95 Design Studio) will be integrated into 5D+ Library in the official release version. All free!

1 Like

Working in progess.
Material session

2 Likes

Here is overview video about Material and Online features

2 Likes

Very well thought. When we have online sources and download a material, will it be stored in a corresponding folder in your Library?

1 Like

There is not any “default libraries” from the extension. All collections you must add manual by yourself from any local folders in your computer. Then the library will show the assets inside that folder for you. The online source just for refences, visit and download to the local.

1 Like

Would it be possible to have the plugin store that assets from a given site would always be stored in the same custom folder?

That would definetelly be very interesting (though complex I guess).

If it’s on the roadmap though, that is great news.

1 Like

It’s already in the plugin, the version 0.2.0. The link that I send you lead to the latest version.

The wait is over!

5D+ Library version 0.3.0 for testing is OUT NOW!
(Release date 2024.10.02)
Please download the latest version from the link that I sent you.

What’s new?

1. Co-op with 3dsupro.com to bring you the high-quality and free models for Sketchup.
  2. Material manager, now you can add, assign, remove, save, export texture from *.skm files.
  3. Ability to add and manage custom online sources both for Model and Material.
  4. Add ability to sort items by name and size.
  5. Multi select items and ability to batch rename or delete multiple items in one action.
  6. Fix bugs and improve placing component into the model.
  7. Add ability to minimize the window dialog as much as possible to become a handy “toolbar”.

1 Like

What a cool little feature! Would the ability to have smaller thumbnails allow for an even smaller toolbar?

1 Like

I’ll think about that. Why not?

There it is

1 Like

Where can I get this extension

1 Like