5D+ Plus - An extension to help you make Construction Documentation

Introduce

Automate Information Modeling
5D+ Plus is an application supports SketchUp users in automatically completing repetitive tasks. Particularly, it utilizes SketchUp as a tool for deploying drawings and providing information for the model of building.

Key Features

• Automatically create multiple scenes with One Click.
  • Automatically create hatches for sections with Curic Section.
  • Automatically create construction grids for plans, elevations and sections.
  • Automatically create labels for objects, support for documentation.
  • Draw a boundary from a list of points coordinates.
  • Automatically mapping building elements to IFC classes.
  • Export 2D DXF preserve origin and maintain layers.

English video tutorials playlist on Youtube

You can find all features here: USER MANUAL - Link to purchase: https://5dplus.info

6 Likes

A small feature: Rotate view 90 degrees

Awesome, the best is the price, I’ll get the three machines permanent license.

1 Like

Buy once, free permanent upgrade.
And the road map here:

1 Like

Demo feature: “Create 2D Drawings” from 3D Model right inside SketchUp. All “2d edges” are separated by tags same with 3d model.

Hi @Cyentruk - I am trying out your extension. It already looks promising but I can’t figure out something. If 2 objects overlap in Sketchup I would assume that the resulting DXF only shows the visible lines. My initial trial and error testing results in a DXF that has all the hidden-by-overlap-line-work visible after all. Missing feature or am I making a mistake?

1 Like

Hello,
If everything is right, the result should be like this: (the color, the origin, the block …)

Let’s try this:
Go to menu File > Export > 2D Graphic …, select DXF, then:

1. Open options dialog
  2. Choose AutoCAD 2007
  3. OK
  4. Cancel

Then try to export again and let me know.

Hi @Cyentruk → that’s a quick response! :slight_smile: If I understand you correctly, you wanted me to test the baked in Sketchup 2D Export? Results in a file with the expected lines (without the Layers of course…)

I’ll attach the test file. I am on a Mac - might this lead to problems?

regular_2D_export.dxf (687.7 KB)
TestVBO.skp (186.4 KB)
vbo_export.dxf (708.2 KB)

1 Like

Ah - I found the problem. The “activate section” slider must be set to “off” in order for it to work

No, my exporter need native “Export 2D Graphic” run once before press the button Export DXF. But seems in Mac OS, it does not work properly as in Windows. In Windows, I can run it automatically. So I asked you try to run it first (just open the dialog then cancel).
Here’s result when export in Windows from your file “TestVBO.skp”

view.dxf (161.1 KB)

If you don’t mind, send me your real work via P.M, then I send you result of exporter.

1 Like

I will - I cannot test this further right now but will get back to it in the evening.

1 Like

Demo feature: “Create Grid Level”

1 Like

5D+ Auto VBO - New update CUSTOM SCENE VISIBILITY
Version: 1.2.0 - Release date: 2024.02.25

This version was included:

1. Add feature Custom Scene Visibility (see details).
  2. Assign default material tag for Building elements if using VBO Nested Group tool.

Release notes: Dropbox Paper

Watch video tutorial:

2 Likes

5D+ Auto VBO free experience program. Unlimited quantities.

You just need to download the installation file below, and enter the key to use.

Expiry date will end on March 16, 2024.

1. Link to download installation file: https://bit.ly/4bV7Kwf

2. Activation key: D7098D87-E4EB-4DD6-911F-DCC9AC769D06

3. English user manual: https://bit.ly/3Tebjqf

At the end of the term, if you have a video describing or introducing how to use the plugin on your Youtube channel, you will receive 1 free key for 1 computer to show gratitude for your efforts in making the video.

For details, please follow 5D+ SKetchUp’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/5dplus.sketchup

The image exported from my concept design with VBO workflow.

2 Likes

Is the screenshot from Layout or are you annotating with AutoCAD?

1 Like

Only SketchUp and LayOut man.

1 Like

Demo feature: Automation Grid Plan

Hey guys - I just wanted to tell you - this actually works. Still can’t quite believe it but I a manage to get from this…

…to this now with the 5D+ Auto VBO (weird name!) by now!

Support is great and this will really help solve my longest standing issue with Sketchup: getting drawings out to an average-joe type contractor who can only work in 2D and needs a couple of section cuts with Layers.

A good Sunday to everybody!!!

3 Likes

Glad to see it works for you.