Windows 10 build 2004 GPU Scheduling feature

I had made another topic to get feedback from people who are seeing a hardware acceleration error message. It became an interesting discussion on how to tell the difference between the overall performance between different machines, but unfortunately the test I suggested relies too much on Internet speed. It was possible for a less powerful GPU machine to seem faster than the highest end GPU, if the high end one had poor Internet. I don’t think there were any posts from people seeing the hardware acceleration error.

So, different approach this time… I will post about specific cases where that error can occur, and hope to hear from people who were able to fix the issue, or still had the issue, after reading this post.

In this case it’s about a new feature in Windows 10 build 2004. It’s called GPU Scheduling. It may or may not be a good thing, I’m not sure, but I do know we had a screen share with one customer who was getting the hardware acceleration error, no matter what solution we tried, but then turning off the GPU Scheduling feature fixed it, SketchUp could run again.

But, for another customer that didn’t solve the problem. I still haven’t figured out how to fix that one.

If you are seeing a hardware acceleration error when opening SketchUp, try turning off that new feature, and see if it solves the problem.

If it does, there is something to fix in SketchUp, about how it reads the GPU’s abilities, but one success case isn’t enough to prove that it’s the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.