Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

My name is Gary McNeel. I primarily use SketchUp Pro to teach my son and other kids about CAD. I also mentor a FTC robotics team in Houston, TX. Love SketchUp, though I am not as proficient as I would like. Some light home use, such as deck, pavilion, etc.

Thanks for making a great tool.

Gary

• Who are you? A 72 years old active engineer who loves Sketchup buy hates Trimble support
  • **What is your industry and profession?Mainly construction planning
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/****professionally****?
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favourite thing about it? rough 3d for construction planning
  • **How proficient are you in SketchUp? intermediate,
  • *Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? NO they are in the USA I am in Australia another country outside of the USA :slight_smile:
  • What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.] (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count)
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? (e.g., you once saw a UFO & tried to model it in SketchUp to get a prototype 3D printed…)
  • **What is your favorite Emoji? What is this ?
  • **Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...?of course

Hey I’m Jack. I’m from San Diego, and I do love long walks on the beach :slight_smile:

Hi I am Scott.
I started using SKP at about V7 or 8 using it to assist in determining the look of our continuing renovation of a timber home that began its life over a 100 years ago.
Have continued to use SKP and follow the upgrade path even though I am now retired. Still doing renos and using SKP for that purpose. I thought I was reasonably proficient at an intermediate level, but I have only recently started watching the videos of the Sketchup team esp Josh and Aaron and looking at them makes me think I overestimate my skill level.
I really enjoy the intellectual stimulus SKP provides.
Started working life as a veterinarian in Queensland, Australia with my own practice but opportunities have allowed me to transition into variouse professions such as stock and real estate agency, climate applications work, managing a state regional group of water services, GM in a dam building company and working in a natural gas development company. Cheers for now.

Hi there,
I’m just a woodworking hobbyist, and a friend of mine advised me to try and use Sketchup do draw plans of my various untidy and impracticable works ^^

So I’m an absolute beginner and have’nt been able to download the software yet since Trimble ID activation doesn’t seem to reach my mailbox… which is the current target of my presence here.

On the technical side of things I’m working under W10 64bits home edition, using an i5@4ghz with 8gb Ram and a GTX 1060 3gb.

Oh, and I don’t give a darn about long walks on the beach because I was raised about 150m from the sea and had more than my share of sand already, which might explain my love for trees, even transformed into boards :smiley:

fb gif.psd (652.7 KB)
Who are you, who, who? Hello all, I’m Steve
What is your industry and profession? I’m a retired Carpenter & Joiner
Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? I’ve used SketchUp in my work as a visual aid for clients I’ve found it especially useful for mocking up staircases
Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? I plan to use SketchUp as a graphic aid in training videos for online students to teach woodworking (My next step in SketchUp is learn about animation and scenes), along with talking head videos, demo’s on set and still images.
How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? Beginner/Intermediate
What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. **I use just a basic desktop Windows 10 using SketchUp Pro 2015 - I want advice on using the right ‘tools’ with a desktop PC, what kind of mouse ? 3D mouse? 3DConnexion ? or both together? **
Do you have a 3DW page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? Not much to show - website coming soon

If you have love of trees (as I do) why not take a long walk along a Beech ! LOL

I wood, if I had vice enough in me to root her!
(well, not sure it’s the right place for silly wooden puns, we’d better stop before we’re forbidden to… log in :smile:)

OAK kay we had better stop LOL

Hi,
I’m José Almeida, I live in Portugal and I mainly use Sketchup Make for the creation of X-Plane CSLs, which are use for seeing other players when flyin on-line.

Bonjour, Sébastien, actuellement en apprentissage sketchup pour le mobilier Bois.

Région Hauts de France.

A bientot :slight_smile:

Hi, I am Mbosso, I am happy to join this forum. I was referred to by a friend and who spoke highly of it.

Hi all. I’m Steve.Dri
I am a retired IT pro who now spends his days working on projects I have wanted to do for years but never had the time. I am using Sketch Up Free at the moment. Love the product and I am working on models the reflect Stage design. I am not very good at it but I am determined!

I have not done base camp yet. But it is my next stop.

I use an i7 with 16 GB ram 8GB video card. I just added a 3D desktop printer and have started printing wheelchair human propulsion for a couple of friends of mine.

I try not to use emoji’s. My grandson is trying to convert me. haha

As a person with disabilities I have high hopes for this software package. I’ll be around during the day so say hi anytime.

Steve.Dri

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum!
I am curious about what you mean by “wheelchair human propulsion”.
Feel free to ask questions here, there is always somebody there to be of help.

Children’s book illustrator, running trial to see how I can incorporate into my work. Which version should I be considering?

Probably depends on the type of children’s book illustrations you are considering.

If there are going to be interesting curves and complexity (3D character modelling, etc.), SketchUp Pro would be essential, adding plugins that can help.

Hi, I’m John Baglio. I am a middle school engineering teacher in the Bronx, NYC, USA. I use Sketchup for Schools with my students who have Chromebooks. I love the new improvements that SUfS has added in just the last year including text labels and 3D text. I was looking for the keyboard shortcuts to the different views and couldn’t find them. Is there a quick way to see the top, front, bottom orthographic views of the model?

Thanks,

John

Thanks for the info. I have to stay true my Adobe Illustrator style in previous books, so I won’t be doing any organic modeling, just the sober engineered elements of things-that-go-vroom.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi I’m Matt, CEO of a construction company that uses Sketchup to help design post frame buildings. I’ve joined to connect with folks at Trimble and ask about possible licensing options that might best fit my unique needs. I’ll eventually connect with the design community as well, this is just my immediate need.