Trimble Seat Settings - Cannot use Sketchup Pro :-(

How can I use my paid sketchup Pro as Timble does NOT grant me access…
Tired to waste hours with this issue :frowning:
The system always tells me “You have exceeded your allowed activations”
Manage Activations does not help.
I am obliged to work with “SketchUp Studio 30 day trial” as the paid version does NOT opens :frowning:

I finally got to login BUT I tell you that this is a real headache.
I am a 20 years Sketchup customer…
It Takes 20 Years to Build a Reputation and 5 Minutes to Ruin it…
Bye Bye Sketchup.

You’re having difficulty signing into SketchUp 2018 as your profile indicates?

The Sketchup I was fighting with is the latest release (Version 22.0.353), not the 2018 one you specified.

Screenshot - 8_9_2022 , 12_47_27 PM

It would help us help you if you had the correct information in your profile.

Do you have it working now or are you giving up on SketchUp altogether?

I took a break to be honest with you as I tried too hard for too long :crazy_face:

What is it you need to known ?

Well first, your posts are confusing. Did you finally get yourself sorted out with your subscription?

Second, fix your forum profile. Put in correct information. As I wrote that information helps us help you. If you want correct assistance, help us help you by making sure that information up to date.

Yes :slight_smile:

Did you finally get yourself sorted out with your subscription?

Where do I find that ?

You can go here to edit your profile:

Thank you for your response - Updated > You can go here to edit your profile:

Hello Dave,
Again with the same error message and I don’t save on the Cloud but on my local HD.
What can it be ?
Any help would be appreciated.
Very best regards,
Jehan
Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 16.48.57.png

That’s a setting on the file : follow the instructions in the screenshot.

It might also be an indicaiton you have an issue with your Mac.
If that doesn’t work, then there some instructions you can follow here too
Repair disk permissions by running Disk Utility | Mac OS X (adobe.com)

And the problems are recurrent and this ONLY happens with Sketchup.
Or it opens my files as a READ-ONLY file with a lock or cannot save my files :frowning:
This is very frustrating and I wonder if I will not lose my files.

Are you sure your software is ok ?

The file with the ~ at the end is the backup file. If SketchUp failed to save the backup into the folder where the original is, then you would see that error. As reading the original file is also saying that it is read only, that could explain why the backup doesn’t get saved.

What happens if you work on a file that is in your Downloads folder, or on the Desktop?

I can save the files on the desktop but then, when I need to move the files to the right folder to order my work, it does not work anymore and gives me error messages.
This is new as I use Sketchup since 20 years and it never happened to me before…
What should I do?

Do you work at a company that is big enough to have IT support, and someone could check out your machine to see what is different about those locations?

In any Finder window you can Command-click, or right-click, on the title of the window, and it will show the path to that folder. Could you do that for the folder that isn’t saving ok, and take a screenshot of the list you’re shown? You can type Command-shift-4, then drag a rectangle around the list, to screenshot only that part of the screen.

Unfortunately, no

Do you work at a company that is big enough to have IT support

This problem ONLY occurs with the NEW version of Sketchup and never happened to me before.

someone could check out your machine to see what is different about those locations?

Here you go.

take a screenshot of the list you’re shown?

This issue is recurrent :frowning:

It looks like the top level directory is 20T LaCie #1. From what I can find, the # is an illegal character. What happens if you rename the directory and get rid of it?

1 Like

What Dave said. Also, someone recently had problems when using parentheses in a file name. You have (All Files) as part of the path. I tested both things, and I don’t have a problem, but my macOS settings may be different to yours.

Hello,
Looks like it is working now replacing “#” with “_” instead.
Let’s cross fingers and hope it works.
Thank you,
Very Respectfully,
Jehan