I am completely confused now.
I copied the plugin files from my appdata 2017 shipped extensions to my appdata 2016 shipped extensions (after putting the 2016 files in a subfolder named backup). launched 2016 and received a load error on the files. So I’m thinking there’s something wrong with the 2017 files. I decided i’d see if my 2016 files worked in the 2017 folder. so I backed up the 2017 files and copied my 2016 files into the correct directory. When I launched 2017 SU i get load errors on those files also. Now the real kicker is that I have moved my 2016 backup files back where they should be, and removed the faulty 2017 files. Launch 2016 SU and now I’m getting errors on 2016 that I did not have prior to attempting this.
I’m stumped and have now successfully broken both versions of Sketchup.
My C: does not have alot of capacity so I typically install all my programs to my D: During an install i replace the default install drive location from C to D. This has worked for previous versions of Sketchup without any issues. The program is installed in D:\program files\Sketchup\Sketchup 2017. There are no special characters in my user name either.
I did uninstall 2017 from D and reinstall at the default location on C but the problem with load errors persist. At this point, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the program at least 10 times, including downloading the installation file again.