Load Errors on launch

ERROR
I’ve just updated to Sketchup 2017 and get the following error every times I load it:
Error Loading File C:/Users/Perlykke/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_advancedcameratools/actloader.rbe
Failed to read RBE/RBS file.
Error Loading File C:/Users/Perlykke/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Perlykke/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Perlykke/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect/boot.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Perlykke/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/su_webtextures/webtextures_loader.rbe

I suspect that you did not initially install SketchUp v2017 properly.
Try repairing it…

Close SketchUp.
Find the SketchUp v2017 installer exe file [downloads folder ?] or get a fresh copy downloaded.
Select the exe file’s icon and right-click > context-menu > Run as administrator…
When prompted accept to Repair the installation.
Try opening SketchUp again…

Any better ?

Having admin-powers is not the same as using run-as-administrator.
SketchUp v2017 must be installed in the approved way, otherwise all sorts of weird things can happen…

[quote=“Perlykke, post:127, topic:33349”]
Thanks for your prompt reply. I did as you wrote, but unfortunately it did not help.
[/quote] Plan B.
Uninstall SketchUp v2017 completely using the Programs and Features Control-Panel.
Then reinstall again using ‘Run as administrator’.
Retest…

@Perlykke Does SU 2017 actually load/run after you get those errors?

hi TIG
Thanks for your prompt reply. I did as you wrote, but unfortunately it did not help.

Per Lykke

Hi Mark

Yes, SU 2017 load and runs okay. It seems only to affect some plugins

Regards Per Lykke

@Perlykke Could you run the following command from the Ruby console?

$:.each { |s| p s.encoding }

The output should be a several lines with encoding information like this: #Encoding:US-ASCII and then an array of paths (please copy/paste the output into your reply).

Thanks,
Mark Chandler

Hi Mark

I got the following result:

#Encoding:Windows-1252

#Encoding:UTF-8

[“C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/RubyStdLib”, “C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools/RubyStdLib/platform_specific”, “C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/Tools”, “C:/Users/Perlykke/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins”]

I do not know what this information means, but it might tell you something (?)

Tanks Per Lykke

I have the same problem. I noted that the Make 2016 didn’t uninstall for some reason, so I uninstalled it and Make 2017, rebooted and reinstalled Make 2017. Still no joy.

I got the same response you got to

except it was preceded by

(it appears the last post didn’t have this part)

-hashtag-Encoding:Windows-1252
-hashtag-Encoding:Windows-1252
-hashtag-Encoding:UTF-8
-hashtag-Encoding:UTF-8

(for some reason, this feed doesn’t play nice with the hashtag character)

I’m having identical problems. I’ve narrowed it down to plugins with .rbe file extensions - it’s not a file permissions problem. My paths have no non-latin characters in them.

The output from the Ruby console is:

Hello, I get the same load errors as the original poster. I am on an HP OMEN 17" 4k WIN 10 and just installed SU 2017 as admin with no previous installs of SU and no extensions installed. Did anyone find closure on this? Also Sketchup is not displaying menus and other things like the measurements dialog correctly. I cannot see an objects measurements or click on and edit them.

Any luck on this error. It worked normally for a while while I was setting up a new computer then all of a sudden I started getting these errors. It works fine on the admin account, but on standard acct it no longer works. this is the 2nd time i’ve gotten this problem. the only fix i found was creating a new windows profile. so i did that and was almost done setting it up when SU starting acting up again. this is ■■■■. i’m trying to get this computer ready to image and i don’t want to have to create another profile and start over. someone please find a fix!

When you installed SketchUp did you log into Windows as a normal user, then right click on the SketchUp installer and choose Run as administrator? If you didn’t, SketchUp is not installed correctly. Logging into Windows as administrator is not the same as run the installer as administrator.

@Perlykke or @bbryant did you ever get this fixed? Another user is having the exact same error and I’m double-checking my answer for him.

Hi, I have the same problem, but with SU Pro 2018. I have tried all the suggestions from this thread and others. Anybody found a fix yet?