Hello, I’ve been testing Sketchup for a day now to see if the performance is better than on my Girlfriends Surface Pro 4. Sadly I can’t seem to activate Hardware Acceleration even after trying all the tips and tricks from the forum.
- i7 6700k (without dedicated GPU)
- 32GB DDR4 RAM
- GTX 980ti with 6GB VRAM
What I’ve tried so farm:
- Set the 980ti as OpenGL Renderer in the NVIDIA Controlpanel
- disabling every Plugin
- running SketchupChecker
- Unchecking "Use fast feedback
- Older and newer nVidia drivers (currently on 398.82)
- Updating BIOS to the newest Version
- Using GPU-Z to see if the GPU uses the full linkspeed
The weird thing is that in the taskmanager it seems that Sketchup is using the dedicated nVidia GPU but it’s still stuttering and lagging (The same file works perfectly on my girlfriends Surface Pro4)
Right now I’m pretty much at my wits end as to what to do to get SU to use the GPU for Hardware Acceleration. If more info is needed I’ll gladly provide it!