Sketchup Pro 2020 Fail to read RBE/RBS files

The error message appear by lauching Sketchup 2020 Pro on Window 10 pro.
Can not rid of it.
I have already reinstall several times Sketchup 2020 Pro without any result.
The error message persist.

Error Loading File C:/Users/Hugo/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_advancedcameratools/actloader.rbe
Failed to read RBE/RBS file.
Error Loading File C:/Users/Hugo/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Hugo/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Hugo/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect/boot.rbe

When you installed SketchUp did you Right click the installer and choose Run as Administrator?

That is NOT the same as being AN administrative user.

If you didn’t do that, try again and choose Repair (you don’t need to uninstall SU first, just run the installer again.)

If that doesn’t do the trick, I can’t help further on this one.

I reinstall Sketchup 2020 Pro as Administrator and choose Repair.
The error message is still there.

The only other thing I can think of might be a corrupt install file. Try downloading again. And before you run the new one, delete the old folders and files, except for any plugins you’ve installed.

Beyond that, you’ll need someone else’s advice, or help from Sketchup technical support.

@colin?

Hugo

This issue duplicates a discussion you are having at SketchUcation, about LibFredo failing to load etc…
Your issue here covers the shipped su_… extensions failing, so it is almost certainly a permissions issue…

You do NOT “reinstall SketchUp as the Administrator”.
Your post does not say that you right-clicked etc…

Here’s the proper way…
Login to Windows as your normal user-account.
Ensure that SketchUp/Layout are not running.
Find the SketchUp installer’s exe file - usually in your Downloads folder ?
Select its icon, right-click > context-menu > “Run as administrator”
When prompted choose “Repair”.
When it completes retry SketchUp an see what happens…

Installing in any other way causes issues - e.g. never ‘Run’ an installer’s exe file by double-clicking it, or by logging in as the system administrator - BUT if your normal user-account has admin-powers that is OK, BUT you must always use the right-click “Run as administrator” !

TIG,

Bad news, the error message is always there after doing:

I erase Sketchup from my computer, folders, projects and plugins,
I erase Sketchup also from my downloads,
I redownload Sketchup 2020 Pro from my Sketchup account,
I reinstall Sketchup 2020 Pro via the context-menu as Administrator,
It goes very well and without any problems,
After launching the error message appear on the first page.

Error Loading File C:/Users/Hugo/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_advancedcameratools/actloader.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Hugo/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Hugo/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_sandbox/sandboxmenus.rbe
Error Loading File C:/Users/Hugo/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_trimble_connect/boot.rbe

What else have you got in your Plugins folder than the files that give you errors? Do those files exist there?

You seem to have no 3rd-party extensions loading.
The shipped su_… ones are copied over from the main SketchUp folder into the user’s Plugins folder.
It then seems that SketchUp fails to load them - the RBE file in the extension’s subfolder is called by that extension’s loader RB-file.
You again say “I reinstall Sketchup 2020 Pro via the context-menu as Administrator,”
This is NOT exactly what you were told…
So to repeat…
You should be logged into Windows as your normal user-account.
Then use the right-click > context-menu > “Run as administrator”
After uninstalling SketchUp you are not really ‘reinstalling’ - just ‘installing’.
I assume after SketchUp was removed your installation did not offer a “Repair” - just an “Install” ?

Let’s look at your folders’ security permissions…
My are all fine !
So here are mine for the Plugins folder…
All users listed have FULL control…
Can you try setting yours similarly and restart SketchUp…
For you info here are my SketchUp folders security permissions too…
These vary across users…

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.