SketchUp is throwing the "Failed To Save Document" Error

So I’ve been running into this lately. My SketchUp keeps throwing the Failed to Save Document error. It’s only on certain files it seems, with extensive cad formats imported into them.

For example I’m working on building out a gate for a Hockey arena, and I’ve got a couple floors worth of cad plans for the whole building imported. I was able to save one file to the desktop. But now it’s throwing the “Invalid File Path” error when autosaving and now I can’t save it anywhere else.

It just creates .tmp files in the new locations. Even with new names it still fails to save the document. I can’t afford to restart this file right now.

Anyone have any ideas?

T.

Here’s an Edit to this post:

It now won’t let me copy into another file. One of the floorplans will copy/cut out of the original file, but won’t paste into the new one. I officially don’t understand what’s going on.

Not sure if this is your issue but I sometimes get similar errors because I often am working on a file that is saving to dropbox. If its a bigger file and can take longer to save it sometimes has conflict when saving as it is simultaneously being backed up?

I could see that if I was saving to our file server. But this was a file residing on my desktop and was for some reason preventing me from saving anywhere else on my local machine. I ended up having to copy most of it into a new file. Then close and reopen it. I copied the rest and so far I haven’t had any issues in the last hour or so.

Super Weird

Just started having the same issue this morning - also working on a large DWG base linework [26Mb] building a new SU model over the top - first got a message saying “autosave path was invalid”, then when trying to save got a “Failed to save document” message.

Files are all on my PC,
no network saves ,
harddrives are not full…
. any help appreciated

I was happily working on the file yesterday with no issues

about to check if another bloody W10 update happened overnight :wink:

THanks George - I think is was just a typical mess of an autocad drawing with multiple clipped xrefs and 300+ layers + bloobk inserted multiple times on top of one another with layers embedded in the blocks and the blocks inserted in entirely different and misnamed layers … don’t you love Autocad ???

Those darlings?
Don’t get me started. :roll_eyes: