SketchUp failed to save file

Hi! every 5 minutes (which is the time set in between auto save) an error comes up on my screen saying ‘SketchUp failed to save’. The reason I thought this was happening is because I stupidly re-arranged the folder the project is stored in so it now doesn’t know where to auto store to. I ‘saved as’ the project to a new location twice hoping the alerts would stop, but they didn’t. I tried to copy and paste the project, which is fairly detailed, into a new blank page; but SketchUp refused to complete the task. The alerts come up every 5 minutes which is becoming more and more irritating (and 5 minutes comes round pretty quick…). The file is manually saving fine and there is a back up file showing too, which is up to date. I can’t understand the problem… I can live with this recurring 5 minute error because it seems to be a false alarm, however, I have many more hours to do on this drawing and it would be very nice if it just STOPPED!!! Any ideas??

like many mac users I know I turned off ‘Autosave’ and ‘Backup’ years ago and simply use cmd S after every main change to the model and ‘Save Copy As’ overwriting a previous one every now and again…

Where did you move your folder to?

if it’s not in your User space, then it could be a Permissions issue…

john

Hi John, thanks for your input…

What were the reasons, out of interest, you switched ‘auto save’ off?
Good idea though, I’ve now switch it off for this project but will probably switch on again when starting the next job. The ‘autosave’ feature makes me feel just a bit safer…

The file was organised into a sub folder of the original User folder which was getting a bit messy. I just grouped the evolving versions.

Thanks again
Marc

the auto save path changes to the current model path, I would prefer a single location for all of them…

on my macs, if it kicks in during an intensive operation, SU slows to a crawl…

I also work on multiple models at the same time and I never knew which where being auto saved to where, if I do it myself I do…

For your issue, moving to a sub-folder shouldn’t effect SU finding it, unless you have ‘show extensions’ turned off or similar…

john