Sketchup For Schools needs Admin Approval

Hello!

I just started to work with SketchUp for schools but I also have the problem.

@Steve_Ketchup could you please whitelist our school-domain?

nmsedlitz.ac.at

Thanks for the help

@josef.schwarz I’ve added your domain so you should be all set. Please let me know if you have any trouble logging in.

Thanks for your help!

But unfortunately i still got the “Sketch Up For Schools needs Admin approval”-Message.
Is there anything else I have to do?

Hi Steve,

I am trying to activate SketchUp for Schools for my school district. We are located in Bermuda (outside of the U.S.) and our domain is moed.bm. Are you able to whitelist our domain please? Thanks.

Hello I’m trying to find the app, like the example but I’m not. I have open the azure admin panel and I’m trying to with + new application “SketchUp for Schools” but nothing. It’s possible to help me?

Thanks

Please can you whitelist… Also I cannot see Sketch-up for schools in the Azure Application section, to add it.

Hi @LukeKincraig, I’ll verify your information and add you to the database right now. Can you let me know if you use the same domain as the site you linked for your apps? I know some schools and organizations use a different one than their site and I need to make sure that I add the correct information to our database. Once I have that, I can get you added and then you are all set to deploy the app.

As for your question about Azure, I’ll have to ask the team if they have any experience with it as my expertise tends to be more on the Google side of things. Once I have an answer I’ll either make an edit to this post or make another one depending on if you have replied yet.

Accessing SketchUp for Schools as a Microsoft user looks a little different than for Google users, and to deploy the app for your students as an administrator, you should be able to log in directly with your administrative Microsoft Education account at edu.sketchup.com. The permissions window for your domain should pop up, and after you’ve accepted the permissions the students and teachers on your domain should be able to log in at the same URL. Please let us know if you’ve been able to get access!

Hi @CaseyG , we have a domain for our students (sepr.net) which is working great. But domain for teachers (sepr.edu) doesn’t work and keeps asking to login with Microsoft. Can you add sepr.edu to your whitelist?
Thank you !

Very strange @pf_sepr, I have not seen that one before. I’ll ask and see if anyone has seen that before. If you can verify you are a k-12 school, I can get you added to the database right away to see if that resolves the issue as I was able to find everything else I needed on your website already. It was a little unclear if you were a k-12 school or a college. If you are not a k-12 school that may complicate things a bit.

Can somebody explain to me why the application need Directory.Read.All?

Thanks @Steve_Ketchup

Any news on why AzureAD admin approval need directory read?

I have granted acccess to the app through office 365 but it still keeps on coming up with needs admin approval

Hi again @david.irving. I just saw your post in a different thread and replied there. You have been added to the database as per your request but as I have stated in this thread already, it is not needed for Microsoft users. Just make sure you deploy the app correctly as per the video I linked you in that thread.

In case someone in the future is searching this thread, I’ll link the current deployment process video here as well so they don’t have to go searching for it.

Hi guys, have also granted acccess to the app through office M365 but it still keeps on coming up with needs admin approval.
So far acccess is granted under tennant account;
I saw and acceped the pop window;

How can it be solved?
Thank you so much.

Hi @Silva_Nobel, thanks for the post. Just making sure that everything is in order before I start looking into this, can you please confirm that you followed all of the steps outlined in the video posted? Once we rule out a bad deployment we can start looking at other potential causes.

@Steve_Ketchup Can you help us with whitelisting?
Teachers: @fguvendsyssel.dk
Student: @elev.fguvendsyssel.dk

Hello @CaseyG, thanks for your reply.
I did follow the video, and all steps were done.
At the Tennant M365 all permissions to all students were given.
I have logged in with my admin account, but no other user was able to.
Also granted consent for all @nobelalgarve.com domain under M365 admin account permissions.

Thanks for the quick reply @Silva_Nobel. I’ll see what I can do to find you an answer as to what the cause of the issue is. I may be able to gather some additional information if I can see a screenshot of what you are seeing as you try and log in as a student so while I work on finding a solution, can you grab a screenshot of what students see when they try and log in and post it on this thread?

As for you @Maagaard, I can get you added to our database but I’ll need confirmation that you are a k-12 school or equivalent. I looked at your website to try and verify it myself but unfortunately I don’t speak Danish and was forced to rely on Google Translate and we all know how unreliable that can be. Just a quick post is all I need from you and I’ll get you added right away!

Hi again and thanks

FGU is short for Forberedende Grunduddannelse, which means Preparatory Basic Education in English. It is a new education program in Denmark that started in 2019. It is for young people up to 25 years old who need to improve their academic, personal and social skills before they can start a vocational or academic education or get a job. FGU offers different courses and activities that are based on practical tasks and real-life situations. The students can choose from 12 different professional themes and nine general subjects. They can also get a certificate that shows their competencies and achievements.

Regards