Unless you have a compelling reason to upgrade, I'd give it another month. My personal philosophy for version upgrades is that it's always safest to wait for the first maintenance release before upgrading. Especially for a professional user, I'd recommend waiting to upgrade until you have a lull in business (Thanksgiving or Christmas break, perhaps) on the rare chance that you have upgrade issues and can't use your machine for a few days.
When you do upgrade to Sierra, I would recommend upgrading SketchUp first, then Sierra. That way you'll be able to identify any issues with SketchUp without it getting mixed up with any potential Sierra issues.