i updated my apple computer to sierra and now i can’t get lay out to work at all how do i fix this any suggestions
Short answer: Install the newest version of SketchUp 2016, which has several fixes specific to Sierra.
Long answer: More info in this thread:
Downloaded 2016 and it worked like a charm I didn’t do it before cause I thought I would have to pay more money to get 2016 but I was able to update with my existing 2015 account Now I am havering a much better day thank you
well now i run into my next problem which is unable to send sketch up work to layout and also seems to be having trouble keeping up switching tools I’m guessing this has something to do with the unwanted behaviour that was mentioned in the previous post now what to do junk the apple and get a p.c? i have a lot of work to do i really wish i didn’t update the apple computer
Here’s another workaround that the knowledge team is testing.
- Rename your existing “/Applications/SketchUp 2016” folder to something else.
- Create a new “/Applications/SketchUp 2016” folder
- If you don’t already have a copy of the 2016 SketchUp installer, download one.
- Double-click on the installer.
- In the window that opens, double-click on the “SketchUp 2016” folder in the installer.
- Copy the three applications to your desktop (SketchUp, LayOut, Style Builder)
- Run each of them once from the desktop.
- Copy the app bundles to the folder you created in step 2
This series of steps will trigger Sierra to clear the quarantine flag.
this seem to have fixed the grey over send to lay out problem
This fixed it for me:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/SketchUp\ 2016/