SketchUp 2024 was official released!

Can’t believe they haven’t added the trackpad gestures yet. Such a disappointment!

I successfully rendered on VRay in SUv2024 this afternoon. Which was amazing as it was lightning fast. Waiting for Skatter extension to update but Laubewerk already released their Player Plugin update so that’s something.

1 Like

Do you know if can activate 2 version but not sequential 22 and 24?

Tks

Maybe it’s because there’s just a few percentage of users that don’t use a mouse to model professionally. Personally I find it cumbersome to model using just the trackpad, I had to do it on sketchup web once.

I don’t know of any profesional software that is developed for trackpad navigation, blender requires a mouse or a tablet, navigating using the trackpad on Archicad isn’t the best experience as well.

If it’s important for you, you should get just the Go license and use the web app that has better support for trackpad.

Probably you’ll start to use a mouse sooner than sketchup add trackpad gestures in the desktop version.

I’m having issues with the activations, I installed sketchup 2024 only on my MacBook, I logged out from sketchup 2023 on both of my machines but I got the message on the welcome window saying that I’ve exceeded my activations, I uninstalled sketchup 2023 on my Mac and I could use sketchup 2024 on it, but now I get the message when o try to use sketchup 2023 on my desktop.

Maybe it’s a bug or something, I never had this issue before, maybe @colin could check if he has the time.

I downloaded sketchup 2024 on an old machine just to check the performance on it, but I used my wife’s email to get a trial license.

1 Like

Then why the web version has this feature? It doesn’t make sense then. It shouldn’t have had it according to your words.

I already have it, but it only works in the browser and requires an internet connection, which I don’t always have being on the go. Additionally, it lacks many features present in the desktop Pro version which I use constantly (extensions mainly).

That’s a bummer! I mainly use a mouse, but when I’m away from home, it’s better to use a trackpad. The trackpad gestures work absolutely well in the web version, so they should work just as well on the desktop Pro version.

1 Like

yep. any 2 versions that require subscription. so, 2020+
the system doesn’t really care about the version numbers, it cares that you’re only connected on 2 instances. can be 22 and 24, can be 22 on a pc and 24 on another pc, or in my case, 24 on a mac and 24 on a pc :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do indeed

I’m trying to figure out how to get V-Ray into 2024…when I download it from my products and try to install, it only lists 2022 and 2023…

I clicked on Help and Download my Product.

Then selected Vray for SketchUp and got a page that looks like this:

I clicked on 2024 and download the installer.

1 Like

With subscriptions you are allowed to be signed in on two instances of SketchUp. The normal use case would be that you are signed in with your desktop and your laptop, in the same version of SketchUp.

But, any version even on the same computer count as different instances. As subscriptions have been around since Feb 5th 2019, you could actually attempt to sign in on six instances of SketchUp without involving a second computer. Anyone having troubles with activations in 2024 is most likely still signed in with an earlier version.

2 Likes

I’ve not tried logging into another version since furnishing SU24 and using it. The greater speed is very welcome.
I suspect my issue with managing activations might be due to browser caches with logins hanging around.

Is that the Trimble account of Chaos?

I just signed in to the Chaos site with my credentials.

Nevermind, got it, THANKS!

Will my space mouse work with 2024?

Yes. But you may have to reinstall/update drivers: 3Dconnexion Software

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’m running 22 and enjoying 24 with no problem :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, I can confirm that after updating the driver it works great.

1 Like

I just discovered that Fusion 360 has trackpad gestures. I tried them out, and they work great!

1 Like