Where is Sketchup Pro 2024?

Where is Sketchup Pro 2024? It’s March and I am hoping there are Apple Silicon improvements that will improve the speed of Layout. #CharlieBrown See Rhino 8 for inspiration. I also want to jump from my Intel laptop to a new M3. Need to plan so I hope the 2024 version is released soon with real world performance tests.

Cheers!

1 Like

If past history is any guide, it’ll be coming eventually. Anyone who might actually know the release date is not permitted to reveal it until it happens.

1 Like

Thanks, understood. I am also asking for more transparency–measurable data– on the improvements that have been made.

I guess you can read the release notes like the rest of us when SletchUp 2024 is released. They won’t reveal anything before that.

2 Likes

It’s one of the best things you can do, I have an M1 Max and I love it, the performance is unbelievable, the M3 is even more powerful, it’s a machine that will last for several years.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect software and hardware development to compensate for sloppy and bloated modelling. 3D modelling with any application is and remains a single-threaded process.

1 Like

Just wait for the 2024 to come out first, and hope they can run smoothly with our Bugsplat and Crash on MacOS Sonoma.

I’m currently Using SU2022 with VRay on my M1 Ultra Mac Studio (On MacOS Ventura) and it’s a Blast! it’s out perform my old Xenon 16core for a miles!

JUst got an MBP M3 Max and it only came with Sonoma and it’s an Nightmare that SU 2022 nor 2023 isn’t fully support on Sonoma.

Note. you can’t downgrade to Ventura on M3 :confused:

Update sonoma. to 14.4. Fixes the crashes

1 Like

Dang! Didn’t notice it came out already. Thanks I will try it out and gave feedback.

If v2024 will be released in the 2nd half of the year, will it be called v2025? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

AFAIK Trimble isn’t owned by Autodesk.

1 Like

I have lots of friends complaining now because a Spanish Bim Software (Cype) has released now 2025 edition…

2 Likes

That’s hilarious. Isn’t this a leap year?

1 Like

It’s already 2025 in the Adesk world - today they delivered v25 stuff. BTW I’ll tell you one filthy :slightly_smiling_face: thing - Looking at amount and weight of the improvements for Max in recent years I’d rather prefer SU to be at Evil Empire’s hands. Sad to say SU development is stalled for decade at Trimble. One good thing at least they keep it afloat

1 Like

I made a bet with some colleagues, two of them already are out, I’m still on race until the first Monday of April. :crossed_fingers:

Your odds are dramatically diminishing by the day loooool!

I’m betting by basecamp!

Ultimately, it’s not that big a deal to me to be waiting but I would prefer some insight rather than be left in the dark. Plenty of companies give advance notice of timelines and expectations such as nvidia/Amd/Tesla/Apple/microsoft etc etc. So it’s a bad excuse to claim it cannot be done because of shareholders and even if delays happen, it’s so much better for the community to be aware of how things are progressing and the community would understand far better than simply being left in the dark having dumb conversations like this one with maybe, maybe, maybe. We wouldn’t need to have this conversation every year after year.
Rivian just announced a car that is 2 years away minimum…

I also would presume the longer the wait the more dramatic the update so the longer it goes the more disappointed I will be if it’s another lame minor update. Also and in contradictory fashion, weve learned that SKP only has minor updates anyways so I shouldn’t set expectations… It’s still essentially a 20 year old code with a lot of bandaids and code snippets thrown in to some extent. Maybe this will be the year of a full overhaul for the desktop!
(such a mixed bag of waiting and hope! XD )

4 Likes

Yep A good question contains the answer. They don’t share any insights because of their insignificance

1 Like

Moved from a 2015 MacBook Pro (Intel i7) to a 2023 MacBook Pro with a M2 Max CPU with 38 GPU Cores and 64GB memory and the performance of Sketchup Pro on the new Mac is very poor. I assume Trimble never really adopted Sketchup to the new Apple Silicone architecture

Absolutely agree, upgraded from an old Intel based MacBook Pro to a new one with a M2 Max CPU, 38 GPU cores, 64 GB memory running macOS Sonoma and Sketchup Pro 2023 is absolutely poor on my new Mac

1 Like

Yes, the constant crashes with Material/color selection are gone now but overall performance of Sketchup is still very poor