Send to Layout not working - Help please!

Hi there. Having some trouble with (SU Pro 2015) sending to layout- drop down ‘send to layout’ is greyed out and not functional. Has anyone had similar trouble? Using Mac OS X 10.9.5. Thx!

Is it possible you were using the eval version of SU Pro and it has expired?

2015 SU Pro is updated as well as 2015 Layout. I do have 2014 versions of both on my machine as well- but not running.
Thanks for the response.

What do you mean by “updated”? Is your SU2015 install licensed?

Yes it is licensed as Single user. It is installed on 1 work desktop as well as 1 laptop.

It shouldn’t matter with SU2015 but is it open on the other computer?

No- not open on other computer.

No- not open on other computer.

Hi Don-

I see that you’re on OS X? Where are SketchUp and LayOut installed on your machine? Is it possible that you renamed either application? (e.g. Sometimes people rename “SketchUp.app” to “SketchUp 2015.app”)

Thanks,
m

Hi Marc,

It’s in my applications. It is named ‘SketchUp2015.app’. I don’t remember changing it from ‘SketchUp.app to SketchUp 2015.app’

If you rename it back to SketchUp.app does send to LayOut work?

Unfortunately not- Darn!

In your ‘Applications’ folder you should have a ‘SketchUp 2015’ folder

inside that folder you should have LayOut.app + SketchUp.app + Style Builder.app

are they all there?

do you have file extensions hidden?

john

Yes; in the ‘Applications’ folder I have:

• Layout2015.app
• SketchUp2015.app
• Style Builder.app

file extensions not hidden

all those names are wrong and in the wrong folder…

All this begs the question: how did you install SketchUp on that Mac? What you describe is not how the SketchUp installer names or arranges things (and never was for as long as I can remember), so it sounds like the install was somehow done manually?

Yes- apparently done manually for reasons that aren’t completely clear to me. Removed ‘2015’ from all names and now working correctly. Thank you everyone for taking the time to help! Good Karma-

Just for future reference, it is never a good idea to alter the folder structure or names of files when installing software. You never know what assumptions about names and locations are wired into the software!

Hi Don-

I’m glad you got it figured out. Renaming the SketchUp bundle is a common tactic for people who have multiple copies of SketchUp and want to be able to tell them apart in the Dock. We’re aware that this is an issue and would like to make this easier - perhaps with different icons, or perhaps by making LayOut better at finding SketchUp. But for now, we don’t recommend renaming the applications.

One thing that LayOut uses from the SketchUp bundle is the list of default styles - now that the bundles are “hooked up” again, you may notice more styles available in the LayOut style panel.

Thanks,
Marc

Yep- that was indeed the case. We have multiple users here. Thank you for the info- super helpful. Will check out the styles. Have a great evening!