Problem with 2017 license

If a license for SketchUp Pro 2018 (or later) was ever activated (on any computer) on the account, then I think all prior licenses (such as 2017) cannot be installed on a new or different computer - they could only be reinstalled on a computer which was already licensed for the older version.

On the other hand, if no licenses newer than 2017 have ever been installed on the account (on any computer) then new installs of 2017 on new or different computers should still be possible.

1 Like

Thanks all. Solved, I noticed I was having a problem activating another software and after numerous tries I decided to do a system restore. After the system restore both programs accepted their activation codes.

Sorry to have missed this topic til now.

Here is a post I made that may have solved the problem without reverting the system:

I checked to make sure, and indeed you do not have a 2018 license. I can see that you activated the license on the new machine, which used up your remaining activation. If there is a chance you will need to activate on yet another new machine, make sure to deactivate the license on machines that you’re not going to be using SketchUp on.