Problem with 2017 license

I have a SketchUp Pro 2017 license. I haven’t had any issues from date of purchase until now. Now I am having a problem activating SketchUp Pro 2017 on my new computer. SketchUp Pro 2017 license does not exist when doing a license search with my product serial number and authorization code.

Did you deactivate it on your old computer?

No, not yet. I don’t want to util I get the program working on the new computer. I read that it is one license for one computer but two computers are allowed. When I get it up and running I will deactivate the software on the old computer.

Did you go back through your old e-mails to search for the e-mail that would have been sent to you with the license info?

Yes, I have the original email with the serial number and activation code.

Then what’s the problem? Enter the license info from the e-mail.

says not a valid license. Again, I went into my account and did a license search with my product serial number and authorization code. Says it does not exist

That would imply to me that it’s not a valid license for the version you’ve installed or the license info hasn’t been entered correctly? Where did you get the installer for 2017 Pro? When you try to add the licenses have you used the Advanced option?

SketchUp sent me a link for 2017 install. I did try to use the advance option. Didn’t work.

So you’ve had recent contact with SketchUp customer support?

Is there a support email.

It may be that your 2017 license was upgraded to a 2018 - try searching your emails for the middle numbers only part of the serial number. You might find another one similar

How did you contact them to get the link to the installer? Reply to the e-mail they sent you. Otherwise go to https://www.sketchup.com/contact-us

I have always 2017 and never upgraded from the initial purchase.

I sent a request for help to support. If I find out anything I will post it.

Good luck.

If they sent you the link to the installer, they ought to help you sort out the license.

Thanks for all the replies. I will let you know the outcome when I find out something.

I am pinging @colin too - he might be able to check. Did you buy SketchUp from a reseller or directly?

Directly

It happens automatically - as you get 12 months of updates/pro tech support when you purchase.
You’ll probably have a 2018 key somewhere