Please help me! Blue axis disappear when I move group pieces

I also have this issue. Occasionally, randomly, when I try to move something, the mouse won’t lock onto an axis. Sometimes I can use an arrow key to lock the axis, sometimes I can use the arrow keys to lock one axis but not others, and sometimes the arrow keys don’t work at all. Every time, closing and re-opening the file works.

It sounds like I’m not the only one experiencing this… it also sounds like there is no fix yet?

sorry , not fixed
i think is bug on sketchup

1 Like

Is the object you are trying to move glued to a surface?

1 Like

I have experienced this sometimes when trying to move a label (3D text) that i have glued to a surface. But most of the time it’s just a random object in a room. Today it was a piece of trim around a fireplace.

Now is a good time to share that model. So others can see if they have the same experience with lack of inference with any of the axes.

1 Like

The issue resolves itself when I close and re-open the model, and it happens often and randomly. If I shared a model the issue would not appear when anyone opens it, as it does not appear when I open it after saving it.

Have you tried purging and fixing the file before closing it, you can do it on the model info menu.

Hmm I hadn’t tried those, thanks for the suggestion. I just did it and it said there were no problems in the file. I will try that next time it comes up though.

A
Again missing axes when i try move something…this time red and green axes…:(, when restart sketchup show all axes…please help me !!!

Share the model for inspection

This is what I see when I move the center case of those three.
move

axes dissapear random,but when i restart sketchup show’s all axes

Sounds like a hardware issue. Try updating the graphics drivers. Also make sure SketchUp is installed correctly. That requires right clicking on the installer and choosing Run as administrator from the Context menu.

I use RTX 3080ti

So? Update the drivers.

i have the latest driver

Did you get it directly from NVidia or from Microsoft? If the latter, try NVidia instead.

Gack! That video makes me seasick! Please see if you can find a screen-capture animator rather than trying to take a video with your phone!