Please help me! Blue axis disappear when I move group pieces

Share the SkethUp file so we can see exactly what you’ve got going on. Looks like you might have a component set up with gluing properties. Just a guess with no more information than we get from your video.

if I close the file and then open it, the axis appears
thank you!

1 Like

Yea, could try

No option for unglue…

1 Like

Closing SketchUp and reopening it doesn’t really answer why it was doing that but without seeing the .skp file there’s little point in just guessing at what was going on. Just hope it doesn’t happen again.

1 Like

Untitled.skp (2.7 MB)

I expect it has something to do with the giant drawer pull component that was improperly made. Where did you get it?

I want to detail the problem, after 30 minutes of working in the program, it sometimes happens that I lose one of the axes when I want to move a part, if I close the program and reopen it, the problem is no longer there

I work on open GL 8x and when the problem appears I switch to 4x and the problem disappears (the axis reappears )

What I see in the video looks like inferencing… do you ever orbit around the model once the problem starts to see if the missing axis can be inferenced? do you use arrow keys to for the move along the axis?

when the axis disappears, I look for it around the line drawing but it does not appear, and when I click on the arrows and block the disappeared axis appears

thank you!

I do not know what you are clicking on… I am asking if you orbit the model after you have started moving the door, or if you have tried pressing the arrow keys on your keyboard to try to lock to the missing axis inferences.

Is dis a typo?

1 Like

I typed an “invisible b”

It’s a forum modifier key…

Thanks for the catch!!

4 Likes

Does it have to do with your shortcut key(s) to turn of the axes?
You say that the blue axis disappears but in the video you shared neither the blue axis nor the green and red axes are visible, (see screenshot / time 0:14 / left corner at ground level)

Maybe you have ‘View Axis’ on/off assigned to a shortcut key unknown to you.

1 Like

hello,

YES i have shorcut key for view axes (on/off)

I’ve had this a number of times, where inferencing just stops. I’ve never been able to work out what causes it. Following this thread

maybe need some settings on the video card…

What plugins do you have installed?