Out of the Box

Yeah, it seems that way.
Problem is it is only that the cursor isn’t visible all the time. When recording with a normal tablet the cursor is always there on screen even if you have lifted off, so you can see what it is doing. That seems to be the only difference.

I tapped copy, then changed to scale, went -1 then, paste in place.

3 Likes

That’s a good example @Danimaupin of the problem with the recordings, it doesn’t clearly show that I hit copy.

2 Likes

Another test, to see if this is worthwhile pursuing.

4 Likes

The Box has hands!!

(Sorry - I couldn’t help myself)

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, you’re so much nicer to your iPad than I am to mine.

Just waiting till the cameras are off.

Would be curious about your initial impressions of modelling on an iPad vs your computer: overall feelings / pluses / minuses etc.

And if you think it’s particularly well/ill-suited for specific types of modelling?

1 Like

I’ve been very quiet here lately, been busy with some other deadline work, part of my real job.
My original trade was in stained glass, I’m a Master Craftsman among other things, I’ve branched out from it but it has always been central to what I do.
Anyway, got asked to help a friend out with four windows and I thought people might be interested to see something of what I do in the real world.
It might help explain why I’m fairly quick at drawing gothic arches.

25 Likes

By the way, I will get back to the ipad properly soon.

3 Likes

Those are pretty fly, Box. Pretty fly! I really like the plaid-looking glass in the background.

1 Like

Earlier this year I began making stained glass ‘interior storm windows’ which I want to put up for added insulation. Maybe I’ll tag you when I pick the work back up… then you’ll see what a true novice is capable of ;^). Nice work.

1 Like

A novice is someone on a path, they are at the beginning of a journey, they aren’t sitting on their bum saying they can’t do it. Go for it.
It just made me realise I was a novice at this about 43 years ago. I might get the hang of it one day.

5 Likes

Here’s a shot of part of the next panel when it was waxed up to be painted. The yellow/brown blobs are beeswax holding the individual pieces of coloured glass onto a plate of clear glass.

9 Likes

My late father was an artist that in the course of his career designed, if I remember right, four rather big stained glass windows, three to churches and one to a bank.
Incidentally, to me this angel has very much the resemblance to my mother

6 Likes

Will do. And will share.

Just as an aside, I want to do this with my mother who has some experience as a hobbyist (but hasn’t been doing it for some time). My Grandmother was pretty good. I’ll try to remember to grab some pics of her work.

1 Like

Well now, I’d show you what a true novice beekeeper can do too… but all of my bees died. Twice!

1 Like

Nice to have the sentimental pieces, Anssi.

A ‘like’ alone is not enough in this case. These are impressive! :heart:

1 Like

Box, your stained glass work is,simply stunning. Thanks for sharing :+1:

3 Likes