Out of the Box

Sorry if you are sick of the spider, it will be over eventually.

8 Likes

An insight into the mind of box.

Have an idea for a quick gif showing how to make easy upholstery.
Make some, make some more to refine the method, start making comfy shapes out of it, get completely distracted and render one.

Thinks, hmmm it needs somethingā€¦ a hotel lobby background perhaps, a fancy boudoir, some other appropriate setting?
no of course not, itā€™s obvious, it needs a Spider.

Ok, ok that sort of works, but itā€™s just a fish tankā€¦ it still needs something, something to peak your interest, something different, unexpectedā€¦ of course what else could you do!

Ok, back to doing something productive.

13 Likes

Okay now Iā€™m getting a little freaked out :see_no_evil: :+1:

1 Like

The spider isnā€™t form ā€œOut of the Boxā€. Itā€™s from ā€œUnder the Boxā€!

1 Like

Criminal mind? Creating and then releasing poisonous spiders!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s literally out of the box!!

2 Likes

Itā€™s more of a cylinder really.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :spider:

3 Likes

Come onā€¦ Did you ever see a round hat box :wink:

1 Like

It started in another thread, but I got interested and took it further as an exercise. Iā€™m pleasantly surprised by how Fredoā€™s Animator actually helped with working out the construction. It enabled me to test how the parts of an adjustable lever lift would fit together and actually function.
A useful bit of fun.
Bale

12 Likes

A quick coffee break animation simply because I like the idea of an animated line drawing.

15 Likes

Let no one ever tell you that Animator always does what you expect. While choreographing some dancing robots I changed one thing, something seemingly unrelated and I got the instructor from the Department of Silly Walks taking over.
Dancing goes wrong

14 Likes

Since I needed a power source for my spider I designed the pulsed fission reactor. Slowed down many times here so our puny human eyes can see it functioning.
All hail our spider overloads.

15 Likes

Can you post some videos of you just doing your thing? It would be super interesting to watch your models come together as youā€™re making them. It can be difficult to wrap our minds around and fully appreciate something thatā€™s already complete. Being able to watch the magic come to life would be awesome.

2 Likes

You may be onto something here, or a new career?

Yourā€™s is prettier!

Because we NEED more creepy crawly thingsā€¦

Might be one or two tiny face issues.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think it would be as interesting as you might think, lots of random stuff happening, lots of deleting, regular restarts, coffee breaks, other work, phone calls, oh look a butterflyā€¦
Much like my earlier reply to ā€˜How long did that take to make?ā€™

Many of my models are purely random thoughts that may or may not start with a direction in mind. The Pulsed Fission Reactor, for example, started as me practicing to animate faces folding, I started with a simple cube and made it unfold. Decided to SUbD it which gave me the unfolding ball. Then since I was fiddling with animator I made a sphere pop out of it, all of this just to understand the animation process, so a hell of a lot of going back and forth. Then I discovered the option in animator that would basically allow me to explode the sphere and you see basically how I got here. I didnā€™t start thinking, Iā€™m going to make a PFR. I fiddled and farted about then made up a name for the result.

6 Likes

Yes, I would imagine to that to Albert Einstein, a few simple math equations must seem quite bland. :wink:

1 Like

Just testing if a direct mp4 upload works.

5 Likes

The MP4 works fine for me with Google Chome on a Windows PC. I liked the GIFā€™s as they are a universal format, but the MP4 gives you a progress bar to allows me to scrub back & forward.

Yes, Iā€™m torn, Iā€™ve been doing the gifs for a long time and I still prefer them, but so many people asks for vids. I can understand the benefit of the progress bar but Iā€™m just not sure.
Iā€™ve been doing the gifs in a tight little box for so long and I donā€™t know if I can comfortably work with all the space available, nor get over not having to do it all within 1000 frames.

3 Likes