Orbit with mouse wheel stopped working - not the mouse - continuation 2

I would like to start with a reference to the old thread that was closed:
Orbit with mouse wheel stopped working - not the mouse

basically, I had an upgrade to windows 10 later version, and immediately after that my Logitech wireless
mouse stopped delivering a middle button (wheel click) as a click but instead as a scroll up or down.
my other Lenovo wired mouse still deliver a wheel click (therefore a middle button click) and the orbit
tool works.

i have tested both mice here:
Mouse Test - Test Your Mouse Keys | OnlineMicTest

and this seems to be the problem. any suggestion of how to make the Logitech (MX anywhere 2)
to do the right thing again? it is a bummer that i have to not use it with SketchUp and in general
have to keep to mice in parallel, so that i have the best of both worlds…

thanks again
mgf

That can be changed the logitech options software.

in my Logitech mouse settings I have control on left/right mouse buttons, but not middle button (scroll
wheel)

On the Anywhere 2 the scroll wheel click toggles the scrolling mode (from free-spinning to ratcheting) - it is not the middle button.

You can set up the Gesture button (the one above the scroll wheel) as the middle button in LogiOptions:

seems like in the MX 2 - there are fewer options on my settings…
doesn’t seem like I can disable the SmartShift from here…

thanks for you help though

thank you very much db11, for you suggestion,
I did set the gesture button as middle button now.
and this solves my immediate need.

but i know for sure, that before, i used to press the wheel for a middle
click.

my suspicion is that something in the windows system config changed (with the upgrade to 2020)
or that perhaps the mouse just all of sudden broke. although I have seen others who complained about
this same problem with the upgrade, so just too much coincidence…

That has happened with my mx master 2 after a win update, I had to re-configure the settings in Options.

I have a Logitech M325 mouse and it is not working on Sketchup, if you hold the shift key and the middle button to pan it kicks you out of the software and yhou loose your changes.

not to beat arounf is Sketchup wprking to fix this, lots of people banter back and forth is there a fix?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.