Logitech MX Master 3

Been using Sketchup for years and do everything in it as a hobby maker. Here’s my shed for example.

In all those years I have had a thumb button which temporarily switches to “Orbit” while holding it down so the button click alone means I can orbit by moving the mouse.

If I ALSO left click while holding the thumb button, I temporarily switch to “Pan”. So that’s with the thumb switch AND the left mouse button held down.

When I release them both, it reverts to the previous tool, usually select.

It basically does this with any old mouse that has a wheel and left right and a thumb button.

Every mouse except my fabulous but currently useless MX Master 3. I am dumbfounded. I do not know how I have set this up or even if I have set it up, it has always just worked. I can’t figure out how to make the MX Master 3 perform this simple operation so I can be in select mode (for example) orbit while holding the thumb button or pan by holding the thumb button and left click.

Please help. What is the magic key combination or modifier string I need to use. Please don’t suggest “O” or “P”, that just switches tools. Also B simply switches tools which is not what I need.

Cheers

S.

There have been threads on this sort of thing before. Here’s something that might help.

1 Like

Nope. Didn’t work. My old Microsoft mouse (which is losing its laser) still performs as I would hope. The MX doesn’t.

What is the actual command I need to make this feature work?

The basic action is Middle Mouse Button.

1 Like

Box, thank you thank you. You are a star.

And now this puzzle turns out to be so simple, I feel like an idiot.

I am now a happy idiot! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m going to bump this for a bit, because I’ve got a similar problem and for the love of it can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

So, I’ve told Logitech Options+ to map clicking on the thumbpad to the Middle Mouse Button, as I’ve done with the original MX Master. Then it worked. Now, it will not stay put. It will show the Orbit tool for a split second, and double clicking the thumbpad will centre the screen on where I clicked, but it will not keep the Orbit tool activated. I’ve cycled between only mapping MMB to the click portion of it, and leaving the gestures empty (this was my setup for the original MX); then tried to map MMB to ALL directions; and finally mapped the gestures, but left the click portion empty.

It’s not working.

I thought this was an issue with the mouse I used (an MX3 for Mac) but the “regular” MX3 also defaults to this behaviour. I’m stumped :frowning:

This is a Logitech software issue, contact Logitech support.

The only differences between the MX master for Mac and the plain MX master are the colors and a usb charge cord instead of a receiver dongle.