License for extensions

Hi. I have been using SU 2020 for the last year and I bought an extension call 2dxy slickmoves as it supports a lot of features which we need for our models.
The SU subscription enables me also to install SU on 2 computers (both PC). I never managed to have the extension on my second PC.
Lately I upgraded from SU 2020 to SU 2021. Now the license for this extension is not working at all any more. Can anyone help me out? The developer couldn’t

I was doing some tests yesterday, expecting that installing extensions counted each time you did that on a new machine. Alas, it seems to be when you install on each version of SketchUp.

Can you open SketchUp 2020 on the machine you’re trying to run 2021, and use the Extension Manager to uninstall that extension. Then uninstall in 2021, and reinstall it.

Also make sure that you are signed in with your brabantia email address.

Hi Colin

I can’t get hold of my old computer any more as our IT department already set it up new. So I have to find a different way. Also this would not solve my issue that my private computer does not run the extension as I’m logged in on both computers under the same e-mail address and account.

Maybe I’m wrong but I assumed that if I buy an extension under one account I should be able to run this extension everytime I’m logged in with this account.

Paid extensions, like with Classic SketchUp licenses, are allowed to be installed on two computers, and that often will be a work desktop and a personal laptop. A third install is also possible, but a fourth one isn’t. You got the problem you see because you have the extension installed on three computers, or on one computer in three versions of SketchUp.

There isn’t anything we can do to remotely uninstall the extension from a now wiped computer. But, it is possible to adjust the number of installs that it can have. I have done that now, and if you uninstall the extension, then install it again, the license should work.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. So in order to prevent this situation in the future I need to uninstall the extension every time before I switch to a new version in sketchup or to a new computer. (I just tested it and in works so thank you)

1 Like

@colin
Hi,
I know this topic is marked as solved but it popped up again. This time it happened while changing from Sketchup pro 2021 to 2022. I uninstalled the extention 2DXY Slickmoves in 2021 and installed it again in 2022.
However it still said that it fails to obtain a valid license.

Try signing out of your Trimble ID and back in ?

Also, reminder to update your SketchUp version in your forum profile.

Sorry for the late reply. I did sign out and back in but it does not change.

The same problem that affected other people has not yet been fixed. I adjusted things, and you should be ok now.

2 Likes

I just tried it and it works now. Thanks for helping out again.

1 Like

Hi colin, I have the same problem again. Additionally I have the problem that I run my sektchup Pro version on 2 computers. As far as I know this was possible with one licence. I updated my work PC to 2023 and signed out of 2022. However the sketchup licence does not run on my private PC any more and the 2DXY SlickMoves is not working on any computer. could you help me out on that?

I could see the problem with 2DXY SlickMoves, and I fixed that.

The too many activations issue means that you’re still signed into 2019, 2020, 2021, or 2022. You could go around all of those and make sure you are signed out. If not, follow the manage account option, and in your products you should see SketchUp Pro listed. Click on the link to show included applications, then in The SketchUp Pro box click on Manage Devices. Deauthorize all devices, then you should be able to sign in on the computer you need to use right now.

2 Likes

Thanks Colin it works now. Still have to check if the second PC works but I found the Deauthorize button so it should be OK. Very grateful for your help :+1: