I have a sketchup model of a house that I wish to convert to 2D floorplan using LayOut. I had finished all the videos on learn.sketchup.com, but they hardly helped! I saw several youtube videos how to specifically do the floorplans from Sketchup to LayOut too, but really got confused. I tried many times but couldn’t get things right. Some of my biggest questions:
- After inserting a scene, why do we need to copy the viewport and paste in place?
- Is there a way to edit or add lines to the floorplan once it’s on LayOut, without affecting the original Sketchup model?
- What is object snapping?
- Is there a way to remove units (no “inch”, “feet” etc) when I do dimensions?
- In what unit should I input numbers in the Measurement box (the box at the lower right corner)? Does it have anything to do with the scale?
- Also, I can’t seem to overlay scenes correctly. I created separate scenes for external walls, interior walls, and floorbase. But when I inserted them (made sure the scale is the same), they don’t fall on the right corners, and it’s really hard to move it accurately (grid snapping/object snapping are turned off). How can I make them match each other?
A thousand thanks in advance for all your replies!