Layout viewport doesn't change scale

Layout issue test.layout (3.2 MB)
So, see if you can select this viewport and change it to 1/8"=1’-0". It won’t do it for me.

scale

I restored my scales to “default” and the issue still happens. I’ll have to trial-and-error a bit more to see what commonalities I can find.

I am also on 11.6 and don’t have all those scales:

It picks the one above…

Yours is only showing the metric scales. Change your setup to show imperial scales, too.

No difference, pick’s the one above the one you want:

After some more testing, I find that if I pick 1"=10’ (which is the next scale down in the list), it will show the viewport scaling to 1/8"=1’-0" (with the pulldown for some reason showing 1/8") and then if I click on the layout page once, it will change to 1"=10’. I have repeated this effect on scales higher than 1/8" (like 1"=20’) but not lower (like 1"=1’). I’m on Mac, so keep that in mind.

Maybe it’s a Mac thing. I’ll leave it in Jack’s capable hands.

Well, I am not a developer, but there might be something wrong in how LayOut handles the scales list on Mac. That’s why I was asking for the custom scales.

SketchUp developers:

Can’t you change the feature back to the previous normal version and have this new feature—that is, the feature that allows the user to write their own input in the input forms—be an option in the settings/preferences?

What exactly are you talking about? You can still create your own custom scales in LayOut 2021.

I want the Scale Drop Down Menu to be locked so that I don’t accidentally write 163/124” of an inch is 1’2”.

I hope now, with my sarcasm, what I said made sense.

I have exactly the same problem on my mac - did you find a solution?

No solution yet; just dealing with it still. With a little bit of “try and try again” I can usually get the scale I want. Would be nice if some of these issues get fixed with updates.

Same here. And same fix - pick a different scale, wait, pick the one you want, move on. It gets the job done… :slight_smile:

This bugged me as well, until I just started typing in that field ( eg 1:50 )

Yes, I have been having the exact same problem working on a Mac. Sometimes the scale change happens and sometimes it doesn’t, even on the same Layout page (with different files inserted.) Typing in the scale ration seems to resolve it. Thank you Mike W!

1 Like

Hello @Zdeedle @napperkt @dickeyride @MarcE, et al,

This has been discussed in a few other threads, but we have discovered the cause of this issue on mac and have a fix implemented for our next release. See this thread response for more details:

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the heads up. Just to be clear, when I’ve had this issue it doesn’t matter if the scale I’m trying to switch to is above or below the current scale. It just won’t change the scale on the inserted drawing at all. However, manually inputting the desired ratio does seem to work.

Thanks,

Zak

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.