LayOut 2020.1 's bugs

Glad you’re looking into this and reporting back here because this bug is causing a waste of time.having to open up all pages and zoom extends isn’t really nice.

I have auto on for all SketchUp views and the layout file is still crashing (and deleting the current layout file). In the layout file I send you all SketchUp views had auto on also as well as in the LO prefs-general.
So either the suggestion to prevent this is wrong or something else is happening as well.

1 Like

Interesting, ok I will keep looking for a workaround as the fix is being worked on.

Trent

1 Like

Hope there will be a hotfix update soon. I really want to upgrade to latest version.

SOLVED so far. With the help of Trent from Sketchup

From Trent:
We have discovered that the issue is related to your time UTC + timezone and the timestamp associated with the SketchUp file. When your LayOut file is saved there is a mismatch in the two which will cause this crash.
Setting the Auto render in the SketchUp Model panel will prevent this from happening.
In reply:
Tried today with the model auto render ticked and it crashed but with auto render unticked it worked perfectly .
So playing around with the Model auto render in Layout worked for me.

Update Still working OK but painful updating drawings manually

I need to revert back to 2020.0. How do I revert back from 2020.1

Ronson
RDO design
Australia

How do you rollback to version 2020.0

Im on 2020.1 and crashing error 10

Ronson

It could be that the crash is because the model has never updated since it was inserted. Perhaps you turning off auto render was enough to force it to update. Do you still get crashes if you turn auto render back on?

It would be interesting to try setting your clock to Mountain Time. Does that also stop the crashing?

I will send you a message about 2020.0.1.

Colin

I turned auto render on again on a couple of projects I’m working on and it seems to have resolved itself
I will continue on 2020.1 ATM and see how it goes.

Thanks
Can you still send info on rollback to 2020.0 just in case

Also what is mountain time?

11:21 pm :slight_smile:

Edit: 11:23pm

I’m in Australia LOL

1 Like

We have “backofbeyond” time here :slight_smile:

or “blackstump” time

2 Likes

There is now a 2020.1.1 installer, the downloads page has been updated:

In what might be the shortest release notes ever, here’s what is new:

• This is a Windows only update to fix a frequent crash that occurred with users on the positive side of the UTC time standard (for example UTC+01:00). This crash would occur due to an error encountered when converting some local times to UTC when reloading a SketchUp file then saving.

hi, 2020.1.1 installer doesnt seem to have updated on the downloads page

Before posting I download and tested the installer. The downloads page doesn’t include the last digit, and even the About SketchUp doesn’t. But, you’ll see that the build increased from 229 to 235.

thanks

Hi Colin, thanks. It seems to be fixed. My two previous crashing files are saving without problems again now. Crossing fingers.

1 Like

“Ctrl+F5”

Have just amended a drawing in SU/LO and saved it after installing SU 2020.1.1 and now LO will not export a PDF.
Please, please I need help on this urgently, I cannot send
the drawing to my client! LO file attached

MILLS ST 200529.layout (1.9 MB)

Have you tried a PDF printing solution (like Foxit PhantomPDF, or similar) instead of exporting from as PDF from LO?

Just tried to open your LO file and it’s crashing my LO.

I don’t have this problem with my own files…