Layout 2019 not opening any files

I have been using SU 2019 since it was released, but just today LO 19 will not open any files either directly or thru Sketchup. I can still open LO 2018 files.
I am using Windows 10 on a ZBook laptop.
Any clues on how to remedy this, I am not able to work without it?
Even attempting to open a new LO file it crashes!

HORIZON CANOPY Standard Details.layout (848.8 KB)

Add multiple images

I just got this from your post and it opened in LO2019.

Are you sure you are running a licensed version of Su2019?

When you installed SketchUp 2019 did you right click on the installer and use Run as administrator from the Context menu?

Thank you for your quick response. I have tried a restart,
but this file or any others are still not opening, i just get a Bugsplat everytime.

Yes I am running a licensed version. I am not sure if I clicked run as administrator or not, how do I check or remedy this?

Since installing Su 2019 I also often get a Bugsplat when closing a Sketchup file - I don’t know if this is related to the same problem though.

Thank you for your help.

At this point the best thing to do is try repairing the installation. Shut down SketchUp and find the installed file which is likely still in your Downloads folder. Right click on it and choose Run as administrator. Then when presented with the options, choose Repair. Let it run. Then, just to make sure everything is kosher, shut down your computer entirely and restart it. See what happens then.

It may be that your Bug Splats are related to the installation.

Out of curiosity, how did you make the illustrations in that file. They are very nice.

Thank you, I will try that. The drawings in that particular file are modified in LO from a downloaded dwg, but I am doing this kind of work all the time in SU & am starting to use LO more often for presentation. Can send other examples if you are interested.

1 Like

Ahh… Inserted DWG files. I wondered since they aren’t SKP file.

I’d like to see more of your work but you should probably worry about getting LO2019 going again.

At this point the best thing to do is try repairing the installation. Shut down SketchUp and find the installed file which is likely still in your Downloads folder. Right click on it and choose Run as administrator. Then when presented with the options, choose Repair. Let it run. Then, just to make sure everything is kosher, shut down your computer entirely and restart it. See what happens then.

Have done this but still get Bugsplats every time with LO19.

In your first post you say you have win 10 on a zbook, but your profile says 8.1 and an AMD graphic card.
Could you update your profile so we know what graphic card and OS you are using, for now and future questions.
It sounds like it could be a graphic card issue, which is why I wanted you to confirm what you have.

Will do, thank you.

OK, have done.
Graphics card - Intel Core I7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs)
Would appreciate any help to get LO up and running again, thank you.

In SketchUp go to Preferences>OpenGL and untick Use Fast Feedback. Then try opening LayOut.

Well, you haven’t actually.
Click the purple circle with the A in it top right of the screen, click the little cog wheel just below that to the right of the envelope icon, go over to the left and click Profile, scroll down a bit and fill in the relevant info there. This will appear in your user card so we don’t have to looking for it.
The intel i7 is the processor, good to know, but we really want to know what the Graphic card is.
Is it built in or a separate card? An Intel an Nvidia an AMD etc
Knowing the graphic card helps us troubleshoot as certain problems can be obvious if you know the card.

Thank you, sorry I am not very computer literate. I am running two screens plus my laptop, SU preferences tells me my graphics card is 4.6.0 NVIDIA 391.25 This seems to be running on one screen and the laptop and other screen is Intel HD Graphics 4600. please excuse my ignorance if this is not correct yet.

I have tried unchecking fast feedback, but no change yet.

That’s good to know.
Go to Window/Preferences/OpenGl and click the button for Graphic card details.
If it doesn’t say Nvidia that is most likely the problem.

Sorry, I think you did that already.

Two screens and the laptop suggest you are using an adapter of some sort.
Display link? or something like that?
Have you tried running without the extra screens, some graphic adapters don’t work correctly with SU.

Has there been a win 10 update since this was working correctly?

I have tried running it on my laptop only but no difference yet. I am not aware of a recent windows update, the LO problem only started today. I have been using the same set up with SU 2018
without any problems.
Thank you again for your time & help.

Go to the Nvidea settings, I think you can just right click on the screen to get there, and make sure that both sketchup and layout are set to use the Nvidia card.

Try shutting the computer down entirely, disconnect the additional display(s) and the start up the computer. Leave the extra displays disconnected and try running LO.

No success yet. Everything seems to work ok including LO2018, but not LO2019.

Except I have not been able to find NVIDIA settings to check there.

Both SU & LO are set to use NVIDIA