Can not open Layout 2020 Pro

Recently I installed SU 2020 Pro. It’s been working fine until yesterday when I tried to send a file to Layout. Would not open!!! can’t even open LO 2019 which is still installed. Please advise.

Regards,
TropicalGuyCns.

Did you install SketchUp and LayOut correctly? Have you tried repairing the installation?

I believe that the install was done correctly as it’s been working for a couple of weeks now. Not sure about how to repair the installation. Please advise.

TropicalGuyCns

When you installed did you right click on the installer and choose Run as administrator?

Make sure SketchUp and LayOut are closed. Find the downloaded installer, right click on it and choose Run as administrator and when the options are displayed, click on Repair.

Thanks will do and get back later.

TropicalGuyCns

Dave,
I have found SU 2020 Pro on my computer right click run as admin and then it just opens the program. no mention of repair. Am I in the right place?

TropicalGuyCns.

I told you to find the downloaded installer, not the application, and right click on it. If you didn’t save it, get it again from sketchup.com/download/all.

Dave, I have downloaded SU 2020 Pro. The Installer is telling me to close Layout but its not open!
TGC.

Ctrl+Alt+Delete > Task Manager. Make sure anything SketchUp and LayOut is stopped.

Dave,
Only SU Installer is showing.
TGC.

The installer for SketchUp 2020 contains both Sketchup and LayOut like every SketchUp Pro installer since SketchUp 8.

I’m sorry but your last post explains nothing to me about what I should do next. Using C-A-D switches off the installation as far as I can see. I then re-downloaded SU still asking me to switch off LO.???
What am I suppose to do?
TGC.

Shut your computer down and restart it to make sure that SketchUp and LayOut are closed.

An easier way into Task Manager is to type ctrl-shift-esc. When you get there, choose More Details, if that is an option in the lower left of the window. Carefully scroll through the alphabetical list of processes, looking for anything that contains either ‘layout’ or ‘sketchup’. The one I think you will find is LayOut, late in the list, but also look for SketchUp_WebHelper (or something like that), and also anything else with those words in the name.

For example, if you have something called MyLayoutUtility, that would count, even though it has nothing to do with SketchUp. Select each thing that you find, then click on the End Task button.

Of course, you can leave the installer process alone, that’s needed.

When there are no processes with those names, click on the Next button in the installer, and see if it now proceeds.

I have seen cases where a restart of your computer does not get rid of a process named LayOut.

If you do find anything to end task on, let me know what they were called.

Dave ,
The install has been completed and seems to be working fine, so far I have not seen anywhere to save the program.
TGC.

Thanks Colin,
As I just posted to Dave, the install is done just not sure where I have to save the install.
TGC.

What are you trying to do? Did you download the installer? If so, it should be saved in your Downloads folder.

Dave,
So the save is automatic ?
TGC.

Normally when you download a file it gets saved automatically into the Downloads folder unless you save it elsewhere.

OK, that explains it then Thanks for all your help, have a good day!
TGC.