Layout 2019 not opening any files

I’m at about the end of my suggestions.
Have you checked the Nvidia drivers are up to date?

From memory I think holding shift when opening might open a clean copy in case it is trying to open something with an error. This might be an SU thing not an LO one.

Thank you for your help anyway. can I get help from Trimble on this or is there nobody home?
I have tried another repair restart but still more
Bugsplats. I can’t open any of my LO2019 files
what do I do ? Tremble…?

Which HP Zbook model do you have? G4? Your driver is more than a year old (it is the one our G4 Zbooks were shipped with). That is probably why the Nvidia control panel has vanished (it should be in the menu that appears when you right click on your desktop).
Download and install the latest (Feb 22) driver from Nvidia, or the latest from HP if your IT department insists on using OEM drivers.

In the 3D applications section of the Nvidia control panel, make sure that SketchUp is set to use your Nvidia card.

How are you connecting your external monitors? A dock? It might be a good idea to update the firmware for both your Zbook and the dock.

I am just listing things we have tried to get our multimonitor setup to run OK. We are also going to change the cable that connects the large 4K monitor to the dock. Our problems aren’t SketchUp specific.

Thank you Anssi,

I will try updating the drivers, Laptop is HP Zbook 15 G2.

Everything is working OK except LO2019.

Hi arch_outline, this sounds like you have some out dated configuration files. This will happen if preferences from a previous version is copied to the new version.

Please delete your .plo files contained in …\users…\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2019\LayOut folder then restart LayOut.

Let me know if this does not fix the issue.

Trent

3 Likes

Thank you Trent, I have deleted the plo files
and we are back in business again.

Thank you also,DaveR, Box, Anssi and others, if I have missed anyone, for your time and willingness to help!

2 Likes

Hello,

Looking for solutions for why my Layout app won’t open, I followed this suggestion to delete .plo files, but LO still won’t open for me. Also on Windows 10 and running SU 2019.

Correction: restarted computer after deleting .plo files and LO works fine, thanks.

Out of curiosity, when you installed SU2019, did you right click on the downloaded installer and use Run as administrator?