Installation problem

Hi everyone, there is an error message comes out “An error occurred in PreBootstrapper. Could not run setup.exe” once I want to install Sketch Up make. Can anyone help? Thanks

A quick googling revealed this: Google Product Forums Are you installing on a real PC?

I also have this issue, and I cannot access the link provided here. Can anyone clarify?

usually occurs because the program is not perfect at the moment when the download or installation must be connected to the internet
hope it is useful

probably because the download and/or installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0 required by SU v2013/14/15 failed, download and install it manually and try installing SU again.

I am having the same issue. I have the .NET framework installed and even tried repairing and reinstalling it, no go.

Win7 x64, Sketchup Make 2015

install SU always by right-clicking the installer executable and selecting the “run as admin” option from the context menu.

Negative.

Things I have tried:
-Installing in safe mode
-Windows is up to date
-NET framework is up to date.
-Cleaned registry and Temp Files with CCleaner
-Antivirus is turned off
-No other programs running
-Tried running As Admin
-Tried running NOT As Admin
-Tried running in Compatibility mode for Win7, WinXP, Win2000, WinVista
-Tried both x64 and 32bit versions

HP 4540s Pro Laptop
4GB RAM
i5 3230M @2.6Ghz
Win7 x64 Service Pack 1

Did you try re-downloading the installer from SketchUp, possibly with another browser, in case your install package is damaged?

Anssi

Yes. Have tried with Chrome and Firefox. Have also copied the file onto a USB and tried it on another computer and it installed fine.

I have no idea what it could be at this point, I’m loathe to reformat the machine just for Sketchup because I have a presentation at the end of the week and am on a time crunch.

And thank you all in advance for the help

OK, found a workaround.

In my %TEMP% folder, a Sketchup folder was created. In that Sketchup folder, a Setup.exe file was present and running it from the %TEMP% folder allowed the install to run. There was a conflict reported though with the Qualcomm Bluetooth Driver. I disabled bluetooth and install went fine.

Why Sketchup is conflicting with anything to do with Bluetooth, I have NO clue. But disabling my bluetooth resolved the issues during install.

1 Like

Have tried un- and reinstalling framework twice, no luck so far.

Thanks i also had the same problem this fixed it

I would think that the Bluetooth Adapter might have a conflict with the Network Interface Adapter, which the SketchUp installer needs to query during setup.

Install Winrar and then click on the installer .exe for Sketchup and either open it in Winrar or if on the context menu you see the option. Extract to a directory which will be same name as the executable then do that.

Explanation of what is happening is that you want to extract the contents of the .exe sketchup installer, which is really a self executing compressed archive file format. So once you have extracted the contents run the presetup.exe file that was in the archive.

This should then continue to install file and no need to worry about errors caused by the SFX file and its extract process.

So SketchUpPro-en-x64.exe will extract to a directory called : SketchUpPro-en-x64

And contain

presetup.exe
setup.exe
SketchUp2015-x64.msi

Run the presetup and should all finish without the original error since we sidestepped it.

1 Like

there’s no problem with the Bluetooth adapters its just the sketchup .exe file has to be deleted from the %Temp% folder.

Your solution worked. Thank you, Rahulnathanfortech.

Just so everyone knows, I deleted the sketchup_install file from the %Temp% folder and it fixed the install bug.

1 Like

Thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I would repeat that 100 more times, but I think that would get annoying. Seriously though, I don’t know what I would have done without that tip. :smiley:

Thank you so much… This is the only solution I have to an error message about aPre Bootstrapper error message… and i did a LOT of searching…

I could not for the life of me install Sketchup make… and now have … so thank you… Problem SOLVED.

This worked for me … from jmaille below

In my %TEMP% folder, a Sketchup folder was created. In that Sketchup folder, a Setup.exe file was present and running it from the %TEMP% folder allowed the install to run. There was a conflict reported though with the Qualcomm Bluetooth Driver. I disabled bluetooth and install went fine.

Why Sketchup is conflicting with anything to do with Bluetooth, I have NO clue. But disabling my bluetooth resolved the issues during install.

From Me…
Thank you so much… This is the only solution I have to an error message about aPre Bootstrapper error message… and i did a LOT of searching…

I could not for the life of me install Sketchup make… and now have … so thank you… Problem SOLVED.